I-League 2020-2021: A New Beginning

Comments

• this i league is so unpredicatable.
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29716 Points
    FT Churchill Brothers 1-0 NEROCA FC

CB rise to the top of the table again, NEROCA drops out of race for top-six finish
    munna219777

Wow, Messi-esque free-kick by Harsh Patre of Indian Arrows!
    Ronnyindian_goonermasefieldtheoilfieldgaffertapekartik91
    I-League giving tough competition to ISL :)

TRAU leading 5-1 over Indian Arrows (MCFC also leading 5-1 over Odisha FC)
    Deb_BanashindiaRonnymunna219777indian_goonerkartik91
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    So 3 teams in. Gokulam Kerala, Real Kashmir & Churchill Brothers. RoundGlass Punjab too if Head-to-head criteria is used if points are equal.

4 teams out. Sudeva Delhi, Chennai City, NEROCA & Indian Arrows. Sudeva and Arrows are immune to relegation. Relegation fight will be between CCFC & NEROCA.

Is I-League going to follow ISL's flawed model of sticking to schedule already published and no simultaneous kick-off. With 4 teams (3 if HtH considered) chances depending on other teams' results, there should be 4 (3) simultaneous kickoffs. 
    munna219777indian_goonergaffertapekartik91SiV
    Harsh Patre, who scored the goal for Arrows from a free-kick yesterday, started his career from the GFDC Residential Academy. He represented India for the U-15 team and scored a goal against Bangladesh in the SAFF championship in 2018 (https://scroll.in/field/900542/saff-under-15-championships-india-lose-semifinal-on-penalties-to-bangladesh).

He had always been known for his "dead-ball brilliance", as the report below states

http://gfdc.in/gfdc-congratulates-harsh-patre-for-being-shortlisted-in-india-u-16-probables/

GFDC Residential Academy trainee and ace mid-fielder, Harsh Patre is the lone Goan player to have been shortlisted to be a part of the selection trials for the India U-16 team which will go on to participate in the AFC Championship 2018 scheduled to be held in Malaysia. A total of 20 players have been selected from other teams which participated in the AIFF Youth U-15 league. The trials will be held at SAI Centre, Kolkata from March 1 to 7 and he is supposed to report on February 28.

The Chairman GFDC, Dr. Rufino Monteiro praised Harsh for his outstanding performance through his journey with GFDC and is confident that he would be able to make a place for himself and Goa in the Indian U-16 team. “I have seen him training from grassroots right up to the academy. I have great aspiration from this boy who I feel will make it great in the years to come. He has made a place in the hearts of his teammates and Goans with his dead-ball brilliance,” stated Dr. Rufino.

Harsh begun training with GFDC at the age of nine years at the Mayem Centre and has indeed come a long way. He is a very hardworking, dedicated and focused player. He was first promoted to the GFDC Residential Pre-Academy and later to the Residential Academy. He has to his credit a total of three national representations.

He is currently playing for Churchill Brothers SC where the GFDC team is being fielded in AIFF and GFA tournament. Recently Churchill Brothers SC – GFDC emerged victorious at the state level in the AIFF Youth U-15 league. He was the Captain and played a vital role in the clubs run and GFDC is hopeful that he will continue with the same momentum.

The 15-year-old is currently being trained under the watchful eyes of GFDC Technical In-Charge and Residential Academy coach, Derryl D’souza. He was earlier coached by Robert Fernandes and Pradip Chopdekar.

“Harsh has a very good vision, creativity in passing and good reading of the game. I wish him all the best for his trials with the Indian team ahead,” stated Derryl.

Harsh’s future looks bright and the midfielder believes that hard work and focus is the key to success.

SiVRonnyindian_goonergoalkeeparCarbon_14kartik91
    With yesterday's win over NEROCA FC, Churchill Brothers became the third team after East Bengal and Mohun Bagan to register 200 victories in the I-League.

Source: Uttar Banga Sambad
    indian_goonergoalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777giridharankartik91Ronnyashindia
    FT Mohammedan Sporting 2-0 Real Kashmir

Pedro Manzi scored twice in the span of five mins (74 min, 79 min.)

MSC qualifies for the next round, TRAU FC and Aizawl will fight for the final spot

Real Kashmir suffer their first loss in the competition
    G_Kmunna219777giridharan
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    It may prove costly to Real Kashmir. If Churchill wins this round, they'll go 5 points above Kashmir, with just 5 matches remaining.