• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Coach Vincenzo Annese 
    and 
    Ghanian Forward Denny Antwi 
    deserved  awards. 
    They were  Best in the League.
    goalkeeparindian_goonerNagendra
    Everyone has congratulated I - League winners except ISL  official Twitter page and Stimac is still pretending that he hasn't watched any I League game.
    giridharangoalkeepargaffertapeindian_goonerCarbon_14deepu
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29254 Points
    When AFC congratulates I league winner and not the ISL winner, you can smell the burn from fsdl 
    Ronnymunna219777giridharandhritiman7dev_pfcindian_goonersouravindiaspartakartik91deepu
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Once Bidyasagar finalises his deal with an ISL club, he will get a call to the Indian team, irrespective of whether he has played in the ISL or not. And then they will say we noticed his ability in I-League and decided to give chance. Before that dont think wither him or Phalguni will get a call up.
    Deb_Banmunna219777Nagendragoalkeeparkartik91
  • A big moment for kerala football. will share some insights over what happened over the weekend due the gkfc win.

I watched the entire  match. I was under pressure but don't know why. Although gkfc were full on attack mode, the unable to score any goal and churchill bros leading 3-0 made me sad. Then the emotions gradually changed after 70 mins 1-1,2-1,3-1. 4-1 was icing on a cake. since i have been following indian football since NFL days, i feel like some burden got off from shoulders. a long headache has been cured of. i can't even understand why I am feeling so.

Taking 2 important points from previous members post.

This is going to have  a great effect in kerala football especially Northern Kerala.

Credit to GKFC more because even Kerala Blasters could not achieve what GKFC have done in their short history in spite of so much hype around Blasters.

this is exactly what i expected to happen. since the match got over,
    1) the malayalam media suddenly woke up and started praising gkfc on a war footing. gkfc winning was a front page news in sunday's newspapers.
    2) Cheif misniter, oppstion leader, IM vijayan, other former players congratulated  the team.
    3) In manjappada whatsapp groups some fans were not happy(I believe the persons born after 2000), they wanted any other team should become I league champion.
    4) saw some new kind of fans who didn't even cared about gkfc putting status.
    5) fans started mocking kbfc and its fb page. also don't understand why kbfc didn't congtarulate gkfc on its fb page as several other clubs like kufc,fc kerala, kerala football assocation page(literally mockingly) put such posts. the mocking and trolling became more when kbfc drew a match in kpl and one of their players was posing like erling haaland.
    6) kbfc got badily trolled and made fun over the weekend. will share some worthy memes later in another section.
    7) some fans believe since gkfc cal lthemselves the malabarians, the southern and central kerala region fans should not support gkfc.
    8) possible chance of fans from malabar region not making to kochi for kbfc home games thus reducing the number of fans
    9)some fans think it is good that gkfc won, because there will be a healthy rivalry much needed for football growth(in which I personally think is the best)
    10) even from outside kerala, other ISL clubs fans are targetting kbfc as a collective effort.
    11) fans bragging over representing in AFC cup.

dhritiman7debarghya89Deb_BanashindiagaffertapeRonnymunna219777Nagendranamewtheldspartaand 3 others.
  • in short gkfc win has put a lot of prssure on kbfc. over the years gkfc social media have themselves took jibe over kbfc on every possible occasion in which the kbfc faltered and became successfull too.
    munna219777Nagendragoalkeeparkartik91
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    GKFC should be promoted to ISL
    ashindiagaffertapemunna219777Nagendragiridharanjitug1979goalkeepar
    edited March 2021
    Such Rivalry between Blasters and Gokulam is actually good for Kerala Football.

In past FC Kochin and Kerala Santosh Trophy team used to win titles.

Then there was a dull period , viva kerala, SBT type  clubs tried but national level success was beyond their reach.

Gokulam winning title and playing in AFC Cup next year will be another chapter in the annals of  Kerala Football glory.
    Deb_Bangaffertapespartaashindiagoalkeeparkartik91indian_goonersouravindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    Congratulations GKFC

As munna said, Denny Antwi deserves Hero of the League Award. I have watched only few games, missed to watch final match as well. But I can say he is outstanding player.

Bidyashagar Singh deserves to be in N.T .. Seems like some obligation from FSDL to select only ISL players and Stimac/Venkatesh trying to cover this.
    munna219777Ronnygaffertapegiridharanashindiadreamergoalkeeparindian_goonerdeepusouravindia