10 Glorious Years of IFN

Comments

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Congratulation to every ifnian who contributed even his one minute to the journey of this 10 years of ifn 
    Keep enjoying the paradise of indian football 
    Cheers
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777indian_goonersouravindiagoalkeepargaffertapedhritiman7footydip
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Also forgot to mention, IFN has also given us our version of Robo Chitti (Ragni in Robo) - @munna219777 this guy is literally a book, he just knows everything.   

Ronnymunna219777indian_goonergoalkeepargiridharandhritiman7spartanamewtheldfootydip
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    edited February 2021
    Wow 10 years! A decade full of collective Indian football discussions, celebrations, fights, heartbreaks! Amazing that a decade flew by so fast!
    I used to follow goal.com and two other websites for my regular football doses (one was by Arunava Chwdhury and Chris PD). Both the websites died within this time span. But IFN was what I was looking for all those years. I got addicted instantly. And that addiction stayed on till today, though I post less these days. Basically slow killing of I-League, Propping up of the Circus, forced sale of the Kolkata Big Two and lip service to upliftment of Indian football dampened my interest. But I check IFN 4-5 times of my waking hours, rest assured.
    I remember fondly those passionate days and those great members who are either absent these days or quit; namely, @ArsenalFan700, @Joyptan, @projenator, @gaffertape (I know he is around), @domnic, @ashlesh and so many others without whom IFN wouldn't have been the treasure trough it is today.
    Thank you all, and here's towards the next decade!
    ashindiasouravindiagoalkeeparindian_goonermunna219777gaffertapenamewtheldthebeautifulgameRonnydhritiman7and 1 other.
  • Ranti Martin used to rule the league and Dempo was my favorite club. I used to watch I league matches but I had no one to talk to about it. Everyone around me was obsessed with European football

As a keralite I was disappointed with the teams which somehow got in i league and closed down. So haven't had the mind to watch other teams games also as there were corporate and psu clubs. so apart from goans/bengal fans, i couldn't judge other people for following european leagues.
    Everyone at IFN would have been mocked at some point for following NT or I league.

Entry of BFC in i league in 2013 was a gamechanger. it brought more professionlaism.
    And we can't deny the populariy the circus league has brought to indian football. if not for isl we would be still bickering about ongc, indian bank, ongc like clubs.

Most importantly, the Blue pilgrims for NT official support group.
    munna219777G_Knamewtheldsouravindiafootydipatuljg
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    I remember days when I use to come back from school and IFN was the first thing I looked up on my Laptop or my mother's phone. 

thebeautifulgamegiridharannamewtheldashindiamunna219777indian_goonerdhritiman7souravindiafootydip
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    I came from IFF community in orkut..and it was best to place to be in for every indian football loving people...Congratulations IFN  
    ashindiasouravindiaindian_goonermunna219777dhritiman7
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    edited February 2021
    How to take the legacy forward and bring back all of them who were active and contributed in many aspects? It is understood with age personal and professional life deserve more time. Still I feel we can dedicated some time and take it forward. What do you guys say?
    munna219777indian_goonerDeb_Bansouravindiafootydip
  • yes. as mentioned earlier, we miss certain members who were active during early years.
    dhritiman7
  • Now the question is why anyone would visit IFN when every Tom Dick and Harry has Indian football whatsapp group, a youtube channel and moreover access to Marcus with all insight and transfer news?
    So we need to ask ourselves why do we visit IFN? 
    I have comeback or rather went away to finish few personal goals. But I missed IFN every time I had a discussion about Indian Football or Football. 
    So lets think about it if we really want to do it.