2021 AFC Champions League & AFC Cup ; FC Goa, ATK Mohun Bagan FC and Bengaluru FC

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
    Illegal Bangladeshis are problem everywhere
    Lord_PessigiridharanDeb_BanAbhishekmunna219777deepak dedhakartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30178 Points
    Is there any proof that "illegal Bangladeshis" only are a problem everywhere? 

Is it not true that there has been a lot of problems regarding migrants of other nationalities or ethnic origins recently as well as in the past? Also is it not true that some of these problems have as much been because of the mentalities of the native populations as it is because of these "illegal" people?

I have no love lost for Bangladeshis and my post is certainly not to support, nor oppose, Bangladeshis, illegal or otherwise but I guess that such a sweeping statement, even if uttered jocularly, does not sit well in these troubling times when we we are witnessing some of the most noxious forms of racism in football ( for example in the aftermath of the Euros)?

Living in a country without legal documents is a crime and should never be supported, but I suppose it is not peculiar to Bangladeshis alone.
    munna219777gaffertapegiridharanindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    edited July 2021
    You will not get any 'proof'. Census data shows that the demography of the border districts of West Bengal are getting heavily skewed compared to the past trend. It is a open secret that voter card, adhaar card can be got easily against payments made in right places.Once in possession of these you cannot prove that the owner is outsider. Only locals can tell. This is quite visible if you go to those places physically. Are you aware of Rohingya camps running under patronage of the mosques in Basirhat area? There are Bangladeshi colonies (domestic helps, small craftsmen, hawkers, etc) in Bengaluru, in Delhi, in Hyderabad.
    Anyway, this neither a football related topic, nor anything can be proven on a forum like this. So let us not discuss it here.
    goalkeepardeepak dedhaindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30178 Points
    edited July 2021
    Absolutely, I agree with you, @Deb_Ban.

What you have said is 100% correct in the context of India, in West Bengal and in the other places in India that you have mentioned.

Even a simple Wikipedia search can show that there are almost 15 million illegal immigrants from Bangladesh. And that is a GOI estimate, so the actual number will be much higher.

My point is not about the case of India only. The above post says that illegal Bangladeshis area problem "everywhere". I disagree with that point  My point is that problems related to immigration are not restricted to Bangladeshis alone in all parts of the world. There have been problems related to Mexican immigrants, African immigrants, Jewish immigrants and various other people in the entire world, at different points of time. Mexico is said to be the country with the highest number of emigrants in the world, so can we say that Mexicans are a problem everywhere

Also, as you rightly say, "it is a open secret that voter card, adhaar card can be got easily against payments made in right places". But then, who is issuing these documents for money? Aren't they too, in their desire for furthering their own interests, political or otherwise, culpable in some degree or other, of these crimes?

As I have said, my point is never to support any group/nationality engaged in wrong doing, they desire to be strictly condemned. But we need to ponder over some issues, mainly whether it is in the nature of certain ethnic/national groups to engage in some criminal acts always, everywhere ? That is why I said a "sweeping generalisation" is perhaps not the right way to go about it, whether in this forum or anywhere else.

Also, if "this [is] neither a football related topic, nor anything can be proven on a forum like this", why was such a comment made in the first place?

Cheers!!

PS: I will try to post something about this aspect of "proof/lack of proof" in the Online Chatting thread if I find time 
    gaffertapeindian_goonermunna219777
    ATK Mohun bagan has dropped Tiri and will go with an all indian back line for afc cup, also sandesh Jinghan won't be available as he will be traveling to Croatia to join his new club, ATK will take 
    Joni Kauko, Hugo Boumous,Roy Krishna and David William's as there 4 foreigners
    gaffertape
    Bad news for South Asian clubs, south asia group winner will face Uzbek league champion FC Nasaf in interzone semi final, in Uzbekistan, if bfc or atk make it out by luck this is where there journey will end 
    G_KPassi
    Maziya is really strong, they held al wedhat of Jordan for a draw few days back in a friendly, wedhat was playing there first squad with foreigners. Progress is more brink now for indian clubs 
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1294 Points
    That was Al Wehda, who will be playing in the Saudi 2nd division after getting relegated last season.
    NagendraashindiaPassigoalkeeparindian_gooner
    Bfc going with only 3 foreigners  after dumping Erik