AFC U23 Asian Cup 2023

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Snep said:
    Rahim Ali or Deepak Tangri Man Of the Match for me.
    Also Deepak Singh was great under the bar. VPS is a standout player.
    Brother.It's Dheeraj Singh
    ashindiakarenesudhakar2050namewtheldmunna219777spartaDeb_BanEastBengalPride
    Very good display from the boys. Rahim Ali and Deepak Tangri played brilliantly. Suresh, Vikram as well. Bryce Miranda was also impressive.
    Suresh won lot of balls for us. But he equally lost 50-50 chances. 
    ashindiaarunskumar
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Snep said:
    Rahim Ali or Deepak Tangri Man Of the Match for me.
    Also Deepak Singh was great under the bar. VPS is a standout player.
    Brother.It's Dheeraj Singh
    Of course. It's midnight here.
    ashindiamunna219777spartaNagendrakartik91
    Oman is clearly technical better & faster than us. But I would say it's a commendable performance from our team. We have created lot of chances & good to see short passes from our midfield, have lot of hunger & chased whenever we lost possession.  Entire team did well,  be it defense,  midfield & forward line.  Dheeraj, Deepak & Rahim had good game. But VPS is stand-out player.
    munna219777Carbon_14ashindiagiridharanAbhisheksouravindiaindian_gooner
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited October 2021
    Vikram was player of the match for me.

Rahim had his best game of his career so far( I would say)

Tangri was great as well and so was Dheeraj.

Our defensive structure was good and Oman actually didn't threaten us to be honest.

We shouldn't have conceeded that goal as all our players was positioned appropriately (They were not out of position, perhaps sloppy ness and fatigue crept in.

Jeakson looked lathergic and perhaps Amarjit should start the next games as Defensive Midfielder.

I doubt, Stimac will play Apuia against gulf team(physically strong)  because Apuia is a  Central midfielder at best.

Or ideally, he should go for a 3 man midfield with Suresh, Apuia and Amarjit(all different type of players)and drop Aniket from the next match.

Moreover, Our replacements made us weak. Bryce Miranda was extremely poor in the short span he came. Also, our Right back who came after Asish Rai was okayish but not as good as Asish.

Rahul showed flashes of decent football but was inconsistent and got dispossessed quite often, especially in comparison to Vikram whereas, technically he is the more experienced of the two and should have done much better. Probably, first game benefit of the doubt can be given.

Defence needs to stay attentive and keep their concentration levels high for 90 min. Today, after playing so well for 80 odd minutes,it was evident that started to lose their concentration. They need to be more professional.

munna219777ashindiagoalkeeparCarbon_14giridharandeepak dedhaDeb_BanAbhisheksouravindiaindian_gooner
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    I like this defence, unfazed and good with the ball at the feet and willing to make space to move ahead with the ball. And no panicking hoofballs from near our own penalty box.
    munna219777Deb_BanAbhishek
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    @Snep Vikram Singh is MOTM for me
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    @Bad Bryce was extremely poor? Lol he was very impressive, much better then other substitute Amarjit 
    ashindiagiridharanarunskumardeepak dedhaAbhishekkarenesudhakar2050dev_pfc
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited October 2021
    Goalkeeper, you should identify and understand the purpose of the substitution. If your team is leading with a two goal lead with 7-8 min remaining and if you are an attacking player then your primary job is to provide an outlet( channel) to your defence, which means that if they pass to you,then you should be able to do following things:-
    1) Carry the ball as far as possible from your own half to opponent's half,i.e cover the territory.
    2) Generate a foul and earn a free-kick to provide respite to your defence.
    3) If nothing is possible, then simply try to hold the possession.

Of what I saw of him(Bryce Miranda), he gave away the possession while passing on more than one occasion. Moreover, got dispossessed as well(through legal shoulder challenges) couple of times atleast.

In attack, he made one decent run on the counter, but while crossing he failed to find any of the our 3 players in the box( committing 3 players in the box,was the maximum which India did throughout the match), which meant analytically that his cross took 4 Indian players(three plus himself) out of the game at a crucial time which helped Oman to lauch a quick counter attack.
    That is why I say that our players lack match awareness. 
    Knowing what to do, when to do and how to do is also an art, this is where our players lack in general and Bryce Miranda lacked it in my opinion.

munna219777RonnyDeb_Bandeepak dedhaindian_goonergopiajeeshgoalkeeparkartik91spartaCarbon_14and 1 other.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Credit where it's due! It will be astonishing if Stimac can guide us to the u-23 finals..this is something nobody thought was possible.. also I think now Deepak Tangri and VP Singh might find themselves in NT setup.. also was Jeakson played as a CB? That's a smart move since he's too slow for a midfielder and we have too many options already
    deepak dedhaAbhisheksouravindiaindian_goonerkartik91sparta