AFC U23 Asian Cup 2023

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    September 2022 Asian Games will be there.
    If Reliance and Batra allow, Under 23 team  along with 3 senior players can play.
    Only Tangri, Ashish,  Rebello and Bryce will be 23. 3 out of these 4 can play as senior and Rest of  the squad can play. 
    We need to kick out these ex gen uncles from Sports federation. These guys are ruining sports with their stupid mentality & egos. 
    munna219777
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Deepak Tangri as per me was the find of the tournament. We desperately need ball playing CBs who are calm and composed under pressing from opposition. As of now we only have Jhingan and Sana with this quality so Tangri will add to depth. Narender is in the same mould as Adil Khan, Anas or other CBs who can defend abd nake last ditch tackles but don't have the technical nor tactical understanding of the e game. One CB being touted as future prospect was Shubham Sarangi from Delhi ISL team. Whats the status on him? Is he good now? I hope Anwar Ali soon gets into the proper mix and gets into NT. He is our next big defensive hope. 
    souravindiaG_KCarbon_14munna219777giridharankartik91
    Deepak Tangri as per me was the find of the tournament. We desperately need ball playing CBs who are calm and composed under pressing from opposition. As of now we only have Jhingan and Sana with this quality so Tangri will add to depth. Narender is in the same mould as Adil Khan, Anas or other CBs who can defend abd nake last ditch tackles but don't have the technical nor tactical understanding of the e game. One CB being touted as future prospect was Shubham Sarangi from Delhi ISL team. Whats the status on him? Is he good now? I hope Anwar Ali soon gets into the proper mix and gets into NT. He is our next big defensive hope. 

Subham Sarangi was a striker for India Jr teams and then moved to wing back, but he never was or played as center back. 
    gaffertapeChelseafanRonny
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    ashindia said:

Subham Sarangi was a striker for India Jr teams and then moved to wing back, but he never was or played as center back. 
    Oh my bad then. I always thought he was a CB.
  • Lord_PessiLord_Pessi Bengaluru548 Points
    Some really undeserving teams from east zone are in better position to qualify .AFC is a joke , why the fuck should some nations suffer because of this policy . I think India lost more than what it should gain by this policy , be it champions league , afc cup slots or age group tournaments .
    ashindiaDeb_BanRonnygiridharanindian_goonerkartik91
  • Lord_PessiLord_Pessi Bengaluru548 Points
    Most asean teams are not even half good ,Nepal can beat all teams except Thailand from that region . Why AIFF is not pushing for changes against this shit policy.There might be several other cafa nationa who might join us for the change .
    Carbon_14
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    I agree C.B players with good height like Paolo Maldini & Van Dijk had an added advantage in air.  But to be an good center back, they should be in n no. of things. Though he is shorter,  Javier mascherano (5'9), he is successful in C.B position.  There is one more similarity,  Deepak & Javier main position is defensive midfield.  But he can inspiration from other Italian (Fabiano I guess) & Spanish players (Carles Puyol). Even Mahesh Gawli (one of the best Indian C.B) is less than 5'10. Their might be hundreds of players.  But these are few players which I have closed watched. Please don't tell me that these players are benefitted/existed because they played with tall C.B partners/defensive midfielders. 
    indian_gooner
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Gourav bora?? 
    RonnygaffertapeEastBengalPridePassi
    Nagendra said:
    I agree C.B players with good height like Paolo Maldini & Van Dijk had an added advantage in air.  But to be an good center back, they should be in n no. of things. Though he is shorter,  Javier mascherano (5'9), he is successful in C.B position.  There is one more similarity,  Deepak & Javier main position is defensive midfield.  But he can inspiration from other Italian (Fabiano I guess) & Spanish players (Carles Puyol). Even Mahesh Gawli (one of the best Indian C.B) is less than 5'10. Their might be hundreds of players.  But these are few players which I have closed watched. Please don't tell me that these players are benefitted/existed because they played with tall C.B partners/defensive midfielders. 
    But the type of defending work Tangri did was totally different from players you mentioned. Its going be more physical at senior level and if he can cope up that’s great but was just stressing that things are very different from U-23 to NT. 
    Nagendra
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Here's a disappointing news. With Syria holding Qatar to a draw, India will finish last among West Asian runner-ups, i.e. 13th spot in West Asia overall. India will most probably remain in 3rd pot.
    ashindia