โ€บ

Indian Super League 2021-22: Let's Football

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Then why did they stop I- league for 6 weeks ?
    Because no one is interested in conducting iLeague. Plans are afoot to replace it with the ISL reserve team league from next season itself. ILeague clubs will be told to either shut down or play local tournaments. GKFC and MSC will probably enter ISL from 2024. 
    giridharangoalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited January 2022
    If they wanted to shut down I-league, they would have done it long time ago.

There will be a question mark over their own legitimacy if they do that. Technically I-league is not 2nd division !!!

Deb_Bangoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    MSC in ISL? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29246 Points
    He is a butthurt East Bengal fan, his club could never win the I league and is now getting humiliated in ISL. 
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I am not sure why you guys have to say that. FSDL cares more about ISL and ISL reserve teams than I league
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    ISL has budget constraints. 
    Last year Jindal was complaining that how ISL did not pay subsidy for junior teams 
    Expecting ISL to run a league just for their Reserve team is far-fetched in my opinion

Deb_Banashindiagoalkeeparindian_goonersouravindia
    Anybody noticed the quality football BFC has been playing? Roshan is technically so good that I think he will find himself in the Indian camp. Udanta is gaining back form and Sunil is back with some amazing skills and a good goal
    Carbon_14munna219777Nagendradebarghya89haritrams24goalkeeparsouravindiagaffertapeindian_gooner
    Some new CB options for the NT have come up this season- Aiban, Anwar Ali, Hormipam etc
    While Narender has shown poor passing game
    Carbon_14
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    ISL has budget constraints. 
    Last year Jindal was complaining that how ISL did not pay subsidy for junior teams 
    Expecting ISL to run a league just for their Reserve team is far-fetched in my opinion

And who do you think pays for the subsidy to iLeague teams? AIFF or FSDL? FSDL wants their money being spent on their product. 

Anyways, both are failed products, iLeague and ISL. Unless clubs figure out how to create a fan base, its not possible for a Federation or corporate to create a financially sustainable eco-system. ISL provided the glamour, media, telecast, publicity but majority of clubs/franchises still failed to use it to create a fan base. Look at Indian clubs, they cant create a good youth development model, they cant attract people from their cities to watch their matches, they cant win in Asia, they cant sustain themselves without subsidy. How the fuck are they going to take Indian football forward? 
    Carbon_14munna219777ashindiaindian_goonergiridharan
    Dang EB did not deserve to loose today but what an amazing game to watch! Adil Khan tried hard but his overall defending is poor. Hira Mondal is an amazing defender! Cant believe Hnamte took his shot straight at Amrinder when that could have just changed the game.
    However the star of the night is Kiyan Nassiri! Finally we have a young Indian striker who does not need to dye his hair blonde/purple etc and can score from both his feet..hope coach Stimac is watching. 
    goalkeeparsouravindiamunna219777NagendraspartaCarbon_14indian_goonergiridharan