SAFF Championship 2023

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Ronny said:
    I missed out on Bengaluru but will probably travel to Thailand to watch our team in Kings cup
    Don't waste your money India will finish last 
    ashindiaRonnySukungiridharanindian_gooner
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Lets celebrate the win but ensure we dont get stuck this stage itself.  are we miles apart from decade ago. simple answer is NO. we have improved in the passing game but still lacks decision making, lot of miss passes and lacks in many techincal aspect. Results wouldve gone either way in semis or finals(GSS heroics saved us). 

if you remove SC11, we dont have people who can score consitently. dont forget we have won only 2 games in regulation time against Pakistan(2 penalities) and Nepal.

A proper pyramid league only can help us to reach top 50
    Abhishekgiridharanashindiareddevil87indian_goonerdev_pfckartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    The optimism is not due to these 3-4 games, it's due to a marked improvement in our quality, confidence and also the fact that we are unbeaten for 10+ games now.
    deepak dedha
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Who knows that was Cameroon B team or Z team?
    It was Cameroon z team 
    Z or Z++, it was a very good and technical team..even better than this Kuwait team but the difference was they were not playing dirty or fighting with us. It was basically a team of Cameroon local players and not their Europe based players
  • samsam 16433 Points
    Ronny said:
    Deb_Ban said:
    Who knows that was Cameroon B team or Z team?
    It was Cameroon z team 
    Z or Z++, it was a very good and technical team..even better than this Kuwait team but the difference was they were not playing dirty or fighting with us. It was basically a team of Cameroon local players and not their Europe based players
    Yes, it was Cameron B not C, D or Z. It was a great win
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Ronny said:
    The optimism is not due to these 3-4 games, it's due to a marked improvement in our quality, confidence and also the fact that we are unbeaten for 10+ games now.
    if we qualify for 3rd round AFC - FIFA 2026 WC Q. Then we can say we have progressed. Real progress always should be quantified based on FIFA WC qualifiers.  Most of this Josh and optimism goes away when we lose badly in WCQ's.  I'm not saying - we shouldnt be optimistic but all I'm saying - are we going to next level 
    giridharanashindiagoalkeeparnamewtheldRonnyindian_goonergopiajeeshgaffertapeAbhishekkartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3661 Points
    Maddie said:
    Ronny said:
    if we qualify for 3rd round AFC - FIFA 2026 WC Q. Then we can say we have progressed. Real progress always should be quantified based on FIFA WC qualifiers.  Most of this Josh and optimism goes away when we lose badly in WCQ's.  I'm not saying - we shouldnt be optimistic but all I'm saying - are we going to next level 
    Yeah we know we still have loads of improvements against tougher opponents in Asia. Like everyone pointed out we are still struggling to create open chances. We can still do better in the final third. King's cup is/will be the good measure with the squad strength improving by then. I think if we defensively improve we can target clean sheets against top Asian teams. Offensively I still don't see this team improving a lot. We have never scored more goals against Lebanon/Kuwait or any other team. I don't think the 4-0 over a jaded Pakistan counts. We really need to work on it add Manvir/Siva and improve our Mid's attacking play. I can still see this team able to only play counter against top team. We need a plan. We have not seen that side of this squad yet. We should not have sky high expectations. We are a better team no doubt about it.  
    indian_goonergopiajeesh
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    We have improved but we need to avoid making mistakes against teams like Syria, Uzbek and Australia who have top strikers and will not miss a chance to pounce on errors. Iraq will be a good start to test ourselves in an neutral venue  

(8) ملخص مباراة العراق وكولومبيا 0-1 القائم يعاند الاسود - مباراة دولية ودية - YouTube
    giridharanMaddiegoalkeeparindian_goonerrathorevarun4 Nagendrasouravindia
  • For our defence improvement mahesh gawli also deserves credit. He is performing his role as assistant coach very well. Hope he will teach boys to handle bigger teams.
    goalkeeparPassigiridharanNagendrasouravindiaAbhishekkartik91