Scouting for the National team

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the future prospects for the National team. As the pool of players is widening, let's look for future stars of the country.
goalkeeparNagendrasouravindiadebarghya89

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7293 Points
    https://x.com/Harii33/status/1812097490138665453

PV Vishnu of EBFC looks like an exciting player who seem like a good option at RW . Yes , still raw but the potential is there .
    indian_goonerNagendra
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29601 Points
    The purpose of this thread is to discuss the future prospects for the National team. As the pool of players is widening, let's look for future stars of the country.
    There are no stars, we are genetically inferior 
    Deb_Ban
    I think if we continue to be shit at football, at one point I'll start considering your observation.  
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10042 Points
    edited July 19
    It's not genetics par se, but mismanagement, ill management, lack of knowledge, unwillingness for doing due diligence and bending the system for one's personal gains is holding back us.
    Then again, all the vices mentioned above are in the genes of Indian politicians and managers.
    WE ARE CORRUPT.
    Physically we are miles ahead of Vietnam, the Thais or even the Koreans. But organisationally the have developed themselves.The people above will not let us develop because the murky state helps them to survive.
    deepak dedhaindian_goonerBrainFallINDIAgiridharanNagendragoalkeeparashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3959 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    It's not genetics par se, but mismanagement, ill management, lack of knowledge, unwillingness for doing due diligence and bending the system for one's personal gains is holding back us.
    Then again, all the vices mentioned above are in the genes of Indian politicians and managers.
    WE ARE CORRUPT.
    Physically we are miles ahead of Vietnam, the Thais or even the Koreans. But organisationally the have developed themselves.The people above will not let us develop because the murky state helps them to survive.
    100 percent spot on. without changing systems, we will never compete. we have money, we have infra. How are teams like Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Maldives and everyone beat us? We are living in a bubble. The top people don't care as they get paid well. BCCI also is systemically ensuring no other team sports is picking up in India. People don't think we can have more than one sport and still generate revenue.

ISL is only surviving because rich people are using it as a platform for losses and goodwill from people. The only people who can fix this problem are the people of our country. We Indians should move the f*** out of our country and play for a top club in Europe. Then come back and play for our country and the money will start flowing automatically. Greedy players, Greedy Agents, Unorganized clubs and AIFF. Even if we fix one of this something else will still screw up the system.
    indian_goonerNagendraDeb_Bangoalkeeparsouravindiaashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6703 Points
    edited July 19
    I would say Greedy players. 

Atleast I'm happy Chhangte stayed with Mumbai City. Even players like Anwar Ali & Jeakson openly saying their intentions on monetary benefits which is not good for Indian football. 

And few players got f**ked up after choosing wrong path & clubs, to name a few like Thapa, Akash & now Apuia. 
    BrainFallINDIAgiridharanashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30094 Points
    Nagendra said:
    I would say Greedy players. 

Atleast I'm happy Chhangte stayed with Mumbai City. Even players like Anwar Ali & Jeakson openly saying their intentions on monetary benefits which is not good for Indian football. 

And few players got f**ked up after choosing wrong path & clubs, to name a few like Thapa, Akash & now Apuia. 
    I would like to add at least another significant addition to your list: Komal Thatal

Post his performance in the BRICS U-17 tournament, he was hailed as the new 'poster boy' of Indian football but then wrong choice of club, injuries, lack of game time put paid to whatever hopes we had in him
    BrainFallINDIANagendraindian_goonerashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29601 Points
    WE ARE GENETICALLY INFERIOR 
    How good are the RYFC kids ? anyone seen them play ?
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3959 Points
    They are ok in terms of no age frauds or anything. Of late, they have not been that great in terms of performance. Not sure if the departure of Arata Izumi is hurting them.

Muthoot FA has been making good progress. Terry Phelan has been hands on setting up everything on par. They got great accreditation this cycle too. The thing I like is they have solid teams from U-13, U-15, U-17 and plan to add U-9 this year. There is scholarship for kids that are from underprivileged backgrounds as well.

BFC has been increasing their hostel at their institute to have more space for youth teams. 
    BrainFallINDIAindian_goonerashindiagaffertape