Pune FC News

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So why the change? Why when going from 2nd Division to top-tier you stop?
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    The club has not failed it's the league that has failed them..And Pune would forever have the disadvantage of not having a stadium in the city
    Deb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    It's true the league has failed PFC.

Just wondering, how much cost does it take to build a field with temporary stands (say 8000 capacity) and flood lights, like in EB/ MB grounds? Will it be much more than refurbishing the stadium of BFC? If not much, Pune may play league matches in such a stadium (which has to be inside the city) and play international matches in Balewadi.
    I don't know how building or real estate or whatever works in India but in the US it is not as simple as saying "I found land, I have money, let me just make a stadium." If someone wants to make a stadium in the US they have to find the land and have it passed by the city officials. If you want money from the city then it is hard to get permission, if not then it is easier but you still need permission. Then of course you need to convince residents nearby who might complain or petition that it is a good idea and all that.

Then you can make the stadium which should be easy to do. So that is the states, I don't know how it is in India but I doubt it is easy at all.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Dont think Pune have the financial capacity to build a stadium from scratch....NO!
    The Piramals surely have the money for an 8,000 seater.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Mean while According to Internal Sources The Piramals are looking to Buy Championship club but sadly they dont have money for Pune FC
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Piramals are in real estate and are Pune-based, too. So they might be having some property in the city itself. Of course, they should not mix business with passion, but since the two ventures are group activities, something may be worked up. A field with temporary stands should not be pocket burning proposition. Pune's Master Plan may come in the way, but that can be taken up with the officials.

But I think, Piramals are risk-averse (or downright practical) so as not to venture big. And as per internal sources of @7negi, their interest in I-league is already weaning. 
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Pune FC features in Issue 7 of AFC QUARTERLY - The Official Magazine of the Asian Football Confederation. The four-page feature highlights Pune FC's evolution as a football club since its inception in 2007.

Read the full feature here → http://bit.ly/1lFTTg3image