Former I-League and ISL players playing elsewhere

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited February 2023
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    How did he start his career with Colorado Rush. Did he like the cheat the USL team with age certificate?
    I don't think clubs here will take him without proper age certificate. But he looks 40 to me 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29254 Points
    dev_pfc said:
    Anyone has any idea what is the actual age off Uttam Rai?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpaqJq0aMAAczkh?format=jpg&name=large 
    ashindia
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    How did he start his career with Colorado Rush. Did he like the cheat the USL team with age certificate?
    I don't think clubs here will take him without proper age certificate. But he looks 40 to me 
    He did not play for Colorado Rush. 

He went to USA with India U-14 to IMG academy. The coaches there is a few days knew all were age frauds and even told certain Indian people in IMG to shave so they can train with India U-14
    giridharanindian_goonerashindia
  • RonnyRonny 10456 Points
    He is 26..all his team mates from the IMG batch like Sarthak Golui, Germanpreet Singh etc are 25 or 26
    Watched him train with IMG and play in Dallas Cup.. Colm Toal did not approve of him trying his luck abroad instead of sticking to the AIFF academy and that's when his confidence went down..he was always in the squad but never given a chance to play..he looked like a newborn baby at that time..he's not aging well though lol
    goalkeepargaffertapeashindia
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited February 2023
    Ronny said:
    He is 26..all his team mates from the IMG batch like Sarthak Golui, Germanpreet Singh etc are 25 or 26
    Watched him train with IMG and play in Dallas Cup.. Colm Toal did not approve of him trying his luck abroad instead of sticking to the AIFF academy and that's when his confidence went down..he was always in the squad but never given a chance to play..he looked like a newborn baby at that time..he's not aging well though lol
    worst case of downfall from age group football since I started following Indian football, maybe at par with Malsawmfela. 
    giridharanindian_goonerRonnyPassi
    Malsawmfela was just overhyped after he scored against US Academy and school teams..he was too big and slow but he still managed to make it to India U-23 after which he faded away
    goalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29254 Points
    He was 57 now and has 5 grandchildren 
    haritrams24giridharanashindiaindian_goonerPassi
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Ronny said:
    Malsawmfela was just overhyped after he scored against US Academy and school teams..he was too big and slow but he still managed to make it to India U-23 after which he faded away
    Was he part of team that went to IMG academy? 

Here is fact about them. The US coaches there told a young Indian coach to shave his beard so he can pass as an India U-15 player. Thats how obvious the age fraud was. 20-year-olds playing and scoring against school kids in USA is not a great achievement 
    edited February 2023
    No he was not part of the IMG team..he went on an exposure tour under Colm Toal