indian football's poor state:whom to blame?

shankarshankar 2600 Points
a countries sporting status had always been decided by their position in that particular sport.In the case of football it just dont sounds good for india as we are currently(17th jan) ranked below 160 rank among just over 200 countries.
we had always been pointing one another everytime.but we need to have a think of who really is the culprit for this poor stage of once asian games champions
Is it the federation who have not been at their best to give their best players the facilities and matches required for us to be among the best?? or
Is it the clubs who have miserably failed to be the pipeline of talents and fan base for the national team?? or
Is it the indian media who failed to support the indian national football team by cheering for its success in recent tournaments?? or
Is it the indian corporates who have never believed in indian potentioal in this game who either dont sponsor it or name the club after their organisation ,of which both doing no good the game in india??
or anything else be free for your view to be known

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    a countries sporting status had always been decided by their position in that particular sport.In the case of football it just dont sounds good for india as we are currently(17th jan) ranked below 160 rank among just over 200 countries.
    we had always been pointing one another everytime.but we need to have a think of who really is the culprit for this poor stage of once asian games champions
    Is it the federation who have not been at their best to give their best players the facilities and matches required for us to be among the best?? or
    Is it the clubs who have miserably failed to be the pipeline of talents and fan base for the national team?? or
    Is it the indian media who failed to support the indian national football team by cheering for its success in recent tournaments?? or
    Is it the indian corporates who have never believed in indian potentioal in this game who either dont sponsor it or name the club after their organisation ,of which both doing no good the game in india??
    or anything else be free for your view to be known

Everyone collectively but only AIFF has the power to lift Indian Football,it is good that they are starting to take Youth Development seriously but I'm not happy with their role in I-League,the way its developing is too slow and isnt doing much to increase the game's popularity.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i want you to select one reason
    and if you say the lack of popularity of i-league...then i think the major reason goes to clubs who are not doing anything to attract new fans
    the reason why the clubs are not getting is their lack of activity in off-field activities or like pls they never tried to bring any renowned names among european football followers
    so i would say i-league clubs as the reason behind the lack of popularity of league
  • There is a mixture of AIFF, I-League clubs, Media and Corporates.

The AIFF is at fault because they fail to show any football knowledge. For instance. The coach of India should be given to a foreigner like Bob Houghton yet we give it to a man with a not so good I-League record when coaching and who has seen his team get relegated not once but TWICE in Savio Merida. Also the AIFF dont allow the coach to select the players or even have say. The AIFF should also make it the responsibility of the coach to decide who there assistant coaches will be. Also they neglect the I-League. They know the I-League is not going well what with clubs representing 4 states and most of them not following AFC guidelines. Most good federations would see this and force relegate those clubs that fail the criteria (the Australian federation force relegating Sydney Olympic FC, there most famous club, because they failed the AFC Criteria), this should have been done with teams like Air India, Chirag, HAL etc. If you want to know where they could put the players, you could just action them off. Also they fail to provide a good calendar for the and a proper cup tournament, 2nd Division and Youth League. They should put more work into these competitions. Also they should put transfer regulations into place.

The clubs are at fault because they rely to much on the foreigners and spend less on youth. Also they dont market there club to the local supporters nor do they care for fan hospitality. Fans and club marketing is not the job of the AIFF, it should be the responsibility of the clubs. They also dont participate in fan activities. Also some clubs (according to some people) run on charity. CHARITY! REALLY! Its time to move on from that. Teams need to focus on money. Football runs on money, not cups. Marketing should be the number 1 thing in Indian Football right now but clubs would rather care for players than the fans.

The media is at fault for there neglect of Indian Football and Bias. How many times have we seen newspaper and have read about European Football and when they do write about Indian Football its all biased. Even when India played Bayern the papers could care less about India and Baichung as it was all about Bayern. We need better coverage. Also on TEN Action + they need a pre-game and post-game along with pure commentary with in studio analysis and smart boards.

Also lastly it is that corporates fault. They dont care for football. They only want the recognition. Example is Chirag. Do they care for football or there companies fame. Also they need to stop naming there clubs after themselves. They need to start sponsoring other things other than club names. They have stadiums, league sponsorship, they have a lot of things to sponsor other than the club name.

Thats really it. Everyone plays a part in Indian Footballs low point.