Who would you like India to play in the future?

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    India vs Nepal 20 match series :D
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    India should not play until 2015 after the Palestine games. 2015 is when things get real again on the international front so we should be smart about who we play.

I say that Malaysia would be good opponents for us and then get one of the Central Asian teams in like Turkmenistan or Tajikistan.

The national team is important but when we are in a period where are domestic football future is under question, the national team is the least of our worries... we are rubbish and it won't change right now no matter who we play.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    AIFF should plan the way swiss did by playing the friendlies just to gain points... by playing likes of SAFF countries, bottom teams from europe or africa could do too
    which could help us get a better seeding in qualifiers and the chance of qualifying for later stages of qualifiers in ASia cup/ World cup increases..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It will be hard to play teams from outside Asia at this point, other than that you are spot on!
  • After these Palestine Games, I dont think that NT will play any game for a long long time. AIFF can save money by delaying the search for new coach and Savio madeira will be ad-hoc coach. We got ISL, Federation cup and then I-League. In between BFC and maybe East Begal will get a chance to play in AFC Cup. It will be hard to throw up a National Team Camp with a new coach atleast till May 2015.When is next SAAF Cup and when is our WC Qualifiers for 2018??? Are they next year?
  • ashindiaashindia 9258 Points
    India will play their next match in June 2015 before the WCQ, but we need to appoint the coach once the Indian football season starts so that they watch and pick the deserving players unlike what is happening right now.

munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    we will have friendly match in March .. 
    munna219777
  • @usaindia ; We have an interesting thread on this issue. After successful Puerto Rico encounter, memebrs can suggest other teams also. One thing if anyone can explain is the FIFA Points system. How can we increase our ranking by not playing till January? How will it impact our rankings if we play and win on FIFA match dates in next few months?
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    edited September 2016
    see the thing abbout fifa rankings  care lot about WCQ,AFC qualifiers and world cup 
    WCQ and AFCQ  weight is 2.5 times the points
    WC is 4 times the weight
    i dont think FIFA dates matter really,they are only for clubs to force to release players.
    we only played 5 matches that count,so not playing the points

detailed explaination
    http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/r&a-wr/52/00/97/fs-590_10e_wrpoints_english.pdf

munna219777Carbon_14
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3420 Points
    India vs new Zealand