AFC U-22 Championship 2013 Qualifiers

Comments

• "Lim&quot wrote:
    I do agree tat Pailan boys are bulk of U-21 players..formed with a goal for future Indian world cup qualification. But one need to know the fact that most of the Pailan boys are average players..as per the then Tech. director Mr.Sukhvinder Singh. Therefore instead of geeting all Pailan boys why not give chance to others boys too either by further enlistiong few more boys from the existing 68 nos. to atleast 100. It will really be competitive trial, and can we get the best boys who can lift the Cup. And sorry Boithang is not in the list.

Oh I thought I saw Boithang. Shame, great player. Ya at least make it 80 but at least they chose 64 players and are doing REAL trails. Before it was select a random 21 guys and done.
  • Increasing the number would do no good. You can't have a look 80 odd professional players in a week's time.
  • Increasing the number would do no good. You can't have a look 80 odd professional players in a week's time.

we know but if we did we would increase it.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Any news about the selection or anything?

Any rumors or inside news :)]
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    rudra wrote:
    Any news about the selection or anything?

Any rumors or inside news :)]

According to above interview final 30 players will be selected before the preparation.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Very tough group I should say,UAE without doubt will finish in top and Iraq likely to be 2nd we better beat rest of the teams and try for best 3rd place spot.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:

Saw him when he came for the HAL game....was not very sure handed and movements were also little nervy

anyways few things about the interview -
    "4)How was the whole selection trial like,at the Pailan World School?Was it a rigorous process?
    Soram: It was basically just matches, which were 30 mins-a half matches. It was different though, as we were used to 90 mins games"

Thats it!!! I doubt that the coaches have really seen much of these players during i league so it boils down to these 30 min games to impress them!!!

"
    I got selected for TFA in 2007 which ultimately didn’t work out for me due to many circumstances and then I got myself enrolled in the IFA Academy in Haldia. I was there for about 1 year, and I learnt so much as a footballer"

Here lies the problem, all these football crazy guys from north eastern states need to go to distant academies..maybe this guy had oppurtunities...but hundrends of them dont have... here's an academy right in their states will make so much difference... i am sure many talented players from these regions are lost due to lack of academies...maybe they have become farmers or factory workers... while we think so much for those rich boys who can afford to travel the world and land up with a contract in europe, as if they are the one's who can save indian football...but deep inside there are these players from poor families or poorly developed states who can make much difference....

come on rwfc, slfc, Aizawl fc, usfc, nisa etc. Give us more of the local talents and develop academies
  • @Rudra

I am sure Gurpreet will be the number 1 keeper at the AFC U22s. Soram should be #2.

As for the north-east... SLFC said they will start an Academy soon. Same with USFC. Royal has hinted to. Also the NPL will surely bring in players. They have an average age of 22 and a 15 year old who scores goals!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    @Rudra

I am sure Gurpreet will be the number 1 keeper at the AFC U22s. Soram should be #2.

As for the north-east... SLFC said they will start an Academy soon. Same with USFC. Royal has hinted to. Also the NPL will surely bring in players. They have an average age of 22 and a 15 year old who scores goals!

From his game I dont even expect him to be in the team... Naveen Kumar or Ravi Kumar of Arrows are much accomplished goalie to be honest