match Dynamo Kiev.
Old people in Ukraine
remember this game.
In India,
the memories of touring Indian
team and the East Bengal club іn 1953?

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    hey Enot can you provide us with any video of the match? i know that its going to be tough. thanks in advance....
  • Its a great match but how was this match significant again?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Its a great match but how was this match significant again?
    It's - first international
    match Dynamo Kiev.

But Enot are u sure about that?

and secondly, In India we don't know much about this coz its a 0-7 defeat which no one wants to remember...

In 50s, India used be good, so I am surprised with this 0-7 defeat, but then I don't know how strong was East bengal at that time, I mean the exact squad of 1953. Although surely they had a few who represented in India's team which did well in Olympics around that time. India touring to East Europe has always struggled even when they were a good team, chiefly due to the change of conditions...
  • Its a great match but how was this match significant again?
    It's - first international
    match Dynamo Kiev.

and secondly, In India we don't know much about this coz its a 0-7 defeat which no one wants to remember...

In 50s, India used be good, so I am surprised with this 0-7 defeat, but then I don't know how strong was East bengal at that time, I mean the exact squad of 1953. Although surely they had a few who represented in India's team which did well in Olympics around that time. India touring to East Europe has always struggled even when they were a good team, chiefly due to the change of conditions...

I am going to guess it is the first club international match for an Indian team also Dynamo Kiev if I am not mistaken was one of the greatest teams in the world during the 1950s.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    btw 'enot', there is this small trivia about the time USSR came to play in India in Nehru Cup in 1988-89, USSR was coached by hugely respected football guru and tactician Late Valeriy Lobanovskyi.

That time Armando Colaco, who is one of the best Indian coaches in India (now with Dempo SC), was a local manager whom nobody knew. Lobanovshyi, told him one day he will be a big coach! And it happned!!!

to quote Colaco :
    “After winning the Nehru Cup he came up to me and gave me a letter, where he predicted that one day I will become a big coach. That letter is still the most prized possession of my life,”
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/8/201107282011072802062534294f4d1ee/‘One-day-you’ll-be-a-big-coach-too-Armando’.html&quot; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/8/2 ... 80%99.html</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    btw 'enot', there is this small trivia about the time USSR came to play in India in Nehru Cup in 1988-89, USSR was coached by hugely respected football guru and tactician Late Valeriy Lobanovskyi.

That time Armando Colaco, who is one of the best Indian coaches in India (now with Dempo SC), was a local manager whom nobody knew. Lobanovshyi, told him one day he will be a big coach! And it happned!!!

to quote Colaco :
    “After winning the Nehru Cup he came up to me and gave me a letter, where he predicted that one day I will become a big coach. That letter is still the most prized possession of my life,”
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/8/201107282011072802062534294f4d1ee/‘One-day-you’ll-be-a-big-coach-too-Armando’.html&quot; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/8/2 ... 80%99.html</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh I mentioned this cause Lobanovshy is Dynamo Kiev legend!
  • EnotEnot 129 Points
    Photos from the Kiev's match in 1953
    index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=234

be2dfce60027.jpg

Match in 1953. Torpedo Moscow - East Bengal (3:3)
    34fda2542db3.jpg
  • EnotEnot 129 Points
    I don't know if there's a video of the matches. It was a very long time, television in the Soviet Union just appeared. Newsreels could do, but I have not heard anything about such a rarity.
    Here's a video of 1987. Rotor (Volgograd) vs India. This is an amateur recording in black and white film camera. If somewhere there's a video in 1953, it looks about the same. :-)

http://youtu.be/pLWeXmuzWQo
  • EnotEnot 129 Points
    Between football clubs - the first match.
    Before the Second World War was played a few matches with the teams. Not with the clubs. Matches were unofficial - the USSR was disqualified UEFA and FIFA.
    After the Second World War, the Soviet Union had joined in international tournaments after the death of dictator Joseph Stalin in 1953.
    Stalin died in March and in September, Dynamo played with East Bengal.
  • EnotEnot 129 Points
    That time Armando Colaco, who is one of the best Indian coaches in India (now with Dempo SC), was a local manager whom nobody knew. Lobanovshyi, told him one day he will be a big coach! And it happned!!
    Lobanovsky very good judge of character, not just in football. He was a unique person, now there're none.