SESA Football Academy

1235»

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points

SESA Football Lays Out Strategic Roadmap To Bet Big On Future

SESA Football Academy won GFA 1st division league to qualify for Goa Pro League 2019-20. 

After earning a promotion to the Goa Football Association (GFA) Goa Professional League by winning the first division league, the Sesa Football Academy (SFA) is betting big on future and laying out a robust foundational roadmap for the upcoming season.   

Commemorating the first division league win and the successful conclusion of the SFA Baby League, SFA organized an “Annual Felicitation Ceremony” at Panjim in which the SFA team players were felicitated by the Honorable Chief Guest, Dr. Pramod Sawant, Chief Minister, Goa, Mr. Annanya Agarwal, President SFA, Mr. Sauvick Mazumdar, Deputy CEO, Vedanta Sesa Goa Iron Ore and its senior management.

“I would at the outset congratulate Sesa Football Academy for achieving promotion to the Goa Pro League. I feel proud that one campus of Sesa Football Academy is located in my constituency and even though mining has stopped for more than a year they have not allowed Football to stop  I would also like to thank Mr. Annanya Agarwal for promoting the sport in the State by giving opportunities to players from every nook and corner of the state to play football. I would like to assure everyone that mining would definitely resume in the state with in a short space of time”, said, Dr. Pramod Sawant, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Goa.

"As a passionate football follower, I am excited to see the vision of Vedanta Football taking off in such an impactful way. This qualification to the Pro-League is a step forward towards our overall vision of development of the beautiful game from the grassroots level and producing quality talent in India”, commented Annanya Agarwal, President of the SFA. 

“I am proud of the boys and also thankful to the entire support system who have worked very hard over the last two years to get us in this position. We as a group are committed to cater to their requirements and enable them to perform at the highest level", he further added.

To prepare for the upcoming season and compete at a higher level, the academy is looking at upgrading some of the facilities & infrastructure and reinforcing its technical capabilities. SFA is also looking at collaborating with some of the other Vedanta Group Companies who run football initiative in South Africa, Zambia and Namibia.

“Our management has shown great commitment towards promoting Football in the toughest time of our industry. With active support from Govt of Goa, we expect to come out of this mining impasse soon and contribute more towards benefitting the society and taking SFA, Goan and National football to greater heights” said, Mr. Sauvick Mazumdar. “We continue to invest further to ensure that we have a promising result in the upcoming Goa Pro-League”, he further added. 

Building on the legacy of the academy, SFA re-launched the initiative precisely two years back in 2017 with a vision to intensify efforts on youth development. The academy also roped in Spanish coach Eduard 'Xuxu' Batlle Basart (UEFA Pro Licensed) as Technical Director to emphasize on systematic and scientific training for young talent at the residential campus. He has established a philosophy that focuses upon teamwork, ball possession and playing attacking football that is pleasing to the eye.

An initiative of Sesa Goa Iron Ore (Part of the Vedanta Group), SESA Football Academy is one of the first residential academies in India. Established in 1999, with currently two running campuses, the academy has the unique distinction of developing the highest number of players for the national team, the ISL teams, the I-League teams and the Goa Pro League from the state of Goa. 

The initiative also runs a community outreach program through the Vedanta Football Schools taking technical capabilities to the players and coaches of our communities in Goa. Vedanta lays particular emphasis on women’s football and launched Vedanta Women's League in 2017, providing the much-needed opportunity for the women football players of Goa to showcase their talent and create a pathway into the national and international platforms.

https://khelnow.com/news/article/goa-pro-league-sesa-football-academy

DEFENCE123
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points

Vedanta's SESA Football Academy continues to foster skill development in sports across the country

SESA Football Academy (SFA), a flagship CSR program of Vedanta which aims to identify, nurture and groom young footballing talents in the country, felicitated young graduates during Convocation Ceremony 2020 through virtual platforms. 27 boys who completed their football training at SFA were felicitated and awarded with E-certificates in the distinguished presence of Mr. Annanya Agarwal (President- Sesa Football Academy), Mr. Sauvick Mazumdar (CEO- Vedanta Sesa Goa Iron Ore Business), Mr. Brahmanand Sankhwalkar (former Captain of Indian football team and Arjuna Awardee), Mr. Denzil Franco (Former Indian team player, ISL player and an SFA alumnus) and Ms. Leena Verenkar (Head- Group CSR , Vedanta Limited). The event witnessed an active impressive line-up of core team members of SESA Football Academy and young sports enthusiasts cheering for the graduating students and wishing them for their future endeavours.

Sesa Football Academy was established in the year 1999 with an aim to identify, nurture, create platforms and build talent for Indian football. Till date, around 200 footballers have graduated from the academy. Apart from this, football initiatives undertaken by SFA have also positively impacted over 500 young players belonging to Goa and other cities of the country through various grassroot training programs. The residential academies provide systematic and robust football training through its team of national and international football experts, along with formal education of the trainees during the training period. While congratulating the graduating batch, Mr. Annanya Agarwal, President, Sesa Football Academy said, “I am extremely happy and equally proud to see that we could produce another talented pool of 27 footballers, who will be next generation football icons of the nation. In line with our vision to contribute towards development of Indian football through robust grassroots training programs, we at SFA are taking significant steps in providing world class training to budding footballers to nurture their talent and groom them as professional footballers. I wish all our graduating players great success and a bright future.”

The SFA alumni have very good track records, making their mark in premier national football platforms including Indian national team, ISL teams and other prestigious football clubs across the country. Mr Sauvick Mazumdar, CEO of Vedanta Sesa Goa Iron Ore Business said, “At Vedanta, community engagement is at the core of our business philosophy. Sesa Football Academy, developed on reclaimed Sanquelim mine with an aim to provide a training platform for Goan youths, has immensely contributed to Goan football & nation at large. Despite difficult business situations for past several years, Vedanta has continued with our flagship CSR initiatives, especially SFA, to ensure uninterrupted contribution towards development of Indian football. I congratulate all our graduating students and wish them a very bright & successful footballing career.”

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Brahmanand Sankhwalkar, former Captain of Indian football team and Arjuna Awardee said, “SFA has been doing praiseworthy work for the football community in Goa and country at large. The academy is producing good football talent by grooming them through grassroot training programs. I am happy to see these young players get such amazing training opportunity at SFA which is helping them pursue their career in football”. Former Indian Football team player and SESA Football Academy alumnus, Mr. Denzil Franco congratulated all players and said, “I take pride in being a part of SFA. Contribution of SFA towards honing skills of young and talented footballers of Goa is immensely commendable. I am confident that the students graduating today from SFA will achieve greater heights and bring laurels for the academy boosting its legacy further. SESA Football Academy also aims to raise the standard of women’s football in the country through Vedanta Women& League, which is helping in development of women footballers by providing them a platform to showcase and hone their talent. Vedanta’s contribution in development of sports is recognised by FICCI, and was conferred “Best Organisation Contributing in Sports through CSR” at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2019.

http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/Vedanta-s-SESA-Football-Academy-continues-to-foster-skill-development-in-sports-across-the-country/30-06-2020-292621/

Carbon_14