Other Sports

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    It is Raining Gold Medals for India in this Championship
    deepu
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Great performance by the juniors even when Korea and Taipei aren't there due to Covid. In Tokyo Olympics we met Koreans everywhere due to bad qualifying round. I hope in the upcoming years Archers improve their average shooting score and then they can be better placed in rankings. 
     Deepika Kumari once held the Women's World Record score of 686. These new kids should try for a score above 680 for both men's and women's ranking rounds and they will start getting medals in lots of tournaments. Komalika's highest till now is 659,which needs to improve upon in the coming years and she will get good chances to improve in so many World Cups and Asian Games too.
    munna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    sparta said:
    Great performance by the juniors even when Korea and Taipei aren't there due to Covid. In Tokyo Olympics we met Koreans everywhere due to bad qualifying round. I hope in the upcoming years Archers improve their average shooting score and then they can be better placed in rankings. 
     Deepika Kumari once held the Women's World Record score of 686. These new kids should try for a score above 680 for both men's and women's ranking rounds and they will start getting medals in lots of tournaments. Komalika's highest till now is 659,which needs to improve upon in the coming years and she will get good chances to improve in so many World Cups and Asian Games too.
    More such batches after every year or 2 is the need of hour 
    That will give them good competetion at home itself just like korea hv 
    munna219777sparta
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    I have seen this. In all other major events qualification round is normally at a much lower level than olympics. We in these 2 disciplines make horrendous start to qualification, and even though we improve later on those points hurts us at Olympics. I don't understand why they do no practise everytime keeping qualification bar as a prerequisite to shoot further. I mean those kind of tests could be done even where u r practising. Raise the bar to where it was during olympics and always try to achieve that whenever u r practising. If not consider it as failure. That would help u in actually acclimatization
    spartamunna219777
    We still have Poornima Mahato as coach after all these years as she is from Tata Steel. No foreign coaches coming up out there atleast in archery.
    munna219777
    Mixed relay 4*400 U20 bronze for Team India.
    thebeautifulgameNagendra
    FYI : Some of the world's top countries, including USA, Australia, China, Britain, Germany and Japan have skipped the under-20 World Championship owing to the global pandemic.

So, if you see surprise medals like this don't get excited. 😅😅

deepu
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    17  18  19 year old talented Athletes start participating at Senior Level Athletics in many countries.
    Results at Junior level should not be taken very seriously 
    deepusparta