• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Japan is leading 5-2 over India
    Semi Final   Asia Champions Trophy Hockey
    What a Disaster !!!
    Japan beat India 5-3 

They will face South Korea in the Finals
    For Hockey Fans out of India,  Watchhockey is showing the Tournament live.
    DD Sports and Star Network in India
    Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited December 2021
    Nilam Xess, Jaskaran Singh and Gursahibjit Singh are 3 idiot's of the utmost quality.

I haven't seen Worse Indian Players then them.

The likes of Nilam Xess should retire from playing Hockey. He is the worst Indian Hockey player I have ever seen and I have seen the likes of Vivek Sagar and Harjeet.

I don't know who has selected them to represent India(that person should also be sacked).

With 8-10 players missing from our Olympic squad, and after seeing the quality of our some of these players, I am not that surprised by this result

The difference between this match and group stage match was that these Idiots were given more playing time by the coach( I don't know why) and they showed their true colours.

These three players should not be playing for India(A) team, let alone India.

For the main team,for Olympics 2024, after Rupinder and Lakra's retirement, we need couple of centre back's.

Our midfield and forward line looks balanced with likes of Mandeep, Gurjant, Dilpreet, Akashdeep, Simranjeet as forwards and Manpreet, Nilakanta, Hardik, Shamsher singh, Lalit in midfield.

Defence needs strengthening.

Sumit(for a change), Dilpreet, Shamsher and Akashdeep had a decent tournament for India. Rest all were below par and some are 3 idiot's of top quality (already mentioned).
    munna219777Carbon_14namewtheld
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    What happened now ?? Are we back to late 90s era  where we used to loss easily to Asian teams ????
    munna219777
    Lack of experience in knockout environment at international level for some players 
    Corona has also hampered international travel

After junior world cup debacle ( where our squad looked weakest in last 20 years ) 
    This is another setback.

In modern hockey- no team should be taken lightly. 

Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Relax Guys!!!This is not a set back.

The next Olympics is just 2 and a half years away. So, this was the only major Tournament before the all important Asian Games(Very important) as winning it makes you qualify for the Olympics 2024.

So, this was the best time for the management to try out new players and fringe players.

The problem is/was that the new players and some of the fringe players selected were not ready.

Moreover, after two major retirement of our players in defence, we need to strengthen our defence as midfield and attack looks quite decent in my opinion.

The mangement needs to be smart.For eg) They should play Germanpreet as centre back because he has got good tackling, good physique but lacks stick skills but the mangement is playing him on the right side where stick skills and decent speed is required.

On the other hand Harmanpreet can be played on the right side because he has decent speed and great stick skills but is not that good at tackling but he is being played as a centre back.

With Rupinder and Lakra playing, playing Harmanpreet as a centre back was okay but not now. 
    The management needs to identify the traits of the players and utilise them accordingly.
    munna219777NagendraCarbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    As far as 2024 Olympics, i can already tell you 18-20 who should be vying for the final team.
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • i wonder how popular is hockey in japan and korea. all of a sudden we find some lesser known teams winning. its good for hockey.
    souravindiamunna219777Carbon_14