Other Sports

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Trials were cancelled.
    Team sent to world cup from where they will get Quota Place for Paris selected without trials !!!

It looks like NRAI is in no mood to learn from their past debacles. Players with corporate / political backing get selected and talented ones are not given chance due to not organising trials and national championships in time.

In Olympics they will make excuses "Gun kharab ho gayi thhii"
    Carbon_14indian_goonerBadsparta
    edited January 2022
    India defeated China 2-0 in Bronze Medal match

AHF Womens Hockey Asia Cup at Muscat
    Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Trials were cancelled.
    Team sent to world cup from where they will get Quota Place for Paris selected without trials !!!

It looks like NRAI is in no mood to learn from their past debacles. Players with corporate / political backing get selected and talented ones are not given chance due to not organising trials and national championships in time.

In Olympics they will make excuses "Gun kharab ho gayi thhii"
    Interesting thing is "Manu Bhakkar" and many other Shooters(who were at the Olympics are not here.

Let's see how these guys"relatively unknown" perform.
    Ronnymunna219777sparta
    edited January 2022
    Comparison between three greats of Tennis 
    Djokovic 
    Nadal 
    Federer 

Djokovic is the very embodiment of Serbia.
    Just like football teams from the Balkans are not revered as most eye pleasing football teams, they are bloody effective.
    Djokovic comes across as a Metronome, Error free game akin to a Machine 

Roger Federer - His game is like a Religious Trance Experience. 

Nadal - Hard work, energy sapping and admirable 

All 3 are equally GREAT in my opinion
    Ronnyindian_goonernamewtheldNagendrasparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    @munna219777: You have nicely summarized the qualities of the three greats of contemporary tennis.

However, when it comes to the 'beauty' or as you said, the 'eye pleasing quality', there is no one like Roger Federer.

Records will be made and records will be broken, and today Nadal broke Fed's and Novak's record of the total no of individual Grand Slam titles, and i respect him for that, but Federer will forever be remembered as the magician who played perhaps the most breathtakingly beautiful tennis of all times.... guess it was John McEnroe who said something like this once.

In full flow, Federer is like a magician, a genius of such "silken perfection" that watching him one can forget one's sorrows in life at least temporarily. His one-handed backhand, his top-spins, his drop-shots--I feel, are things out of the world.

And then his demeanour, on and off the court...his humility, his respect for even his most bitter rivals as well as his love for the fans, his charitable works, his ability to give interviews flawlessly in three four languages...a tremendous package. A TRUE CHAMPION

I can hardly be called a fan of any individual athlete in any sports but I make one exception....

I am a diehard fan of ROGER FEDERER <3 <3
    munna219777indian_goonerNagendrasouravindia
  • @munna219777, totally agree with your analysis of those 3 greats in tennis. also because of novak's off field behaviour and actions have landed him in trouble and causes negative image. as @thebeautifulgame
     said about roger, he is so graceful even in defeat which makes us a fan. 
    munna219777Nagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    munna219777 , brother... u nailed it. I had similar or same thoughts :)

I mostly agree with thebeautifulgame & indian_gooner

Roger Federer : 
    Highly skillful athlete, it is a treat to watch his game.
    Novak Djokovic :  Powerful & very quick. If he is in full flow, none can stop him.
    Rafael Nadal :  Sheer hard work & Loads of stamina , Humble.

Though I admire & respect both Federer and Djokovic. I'm a diehard fan of Nadal. I like his humility , hard-work & never give-up attitude.  On top of it, he came back multiple times from career threatening injuries.  I know injuries are common for sportspersons. But the way he bounced back from all his injuries is outstanding. 

munna219777souravindiaindian_goonergiridharan