What model do you prefer in I-League?

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    I love both models, France and Germany put up great shows. I have been following the German league for 2 seasons and the French league sense 2001 and they are bloody brilliant. Still I am wondering how they would do in India. France and Germany have football as there top sports and the support at domestic level is amazing. I still think we should try there model but still drop to 10 teams and no pro/rel
  • I am being over optimistic, here. But, I feel none of the league is complete. Every league has something to offer.

For me the league should have, Financial stability and sustainability from Bundesliga model, Youth development from Dutch league, Popularity and Business exposure from Premier League, Sustainability over distance and evenly spread franchise involvement from MLS/A legaue/J league, infrastructure model upon anyone of the above and last not the least taste and madness of India.

So, I would suggest instead completely model on anyone of the above leagues, it is better to study,take and merge best of all above leagues and then tryout to develop our own that is suitable to India's environment.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited April 2012
    reddevil87 wrote:
    I am being over optimistic, here. But, I feel none of the league is complete. Every league has something to offer.

For me the league should have, Financial stability and sustainability from Bundesliga model, Youth development from Dutch league, Popularity and Business exposure from Premier League, Sustainability over distance and evenly spread franchise involvement from MLS/A legaue/J league, infrastructure model upon anyone of the above and last not the least taste and madness of India.

So, I would suggest instead completely model on anyone of the above leagues, it is better to study,take and merge best of all above leagues and then tryout to develop our own that is suitable to India's environment.
    <div> that is the way to get the best model but would have to put on lot of work to get the structure for one such league...but if they get one then it is gonna be among the best leagues in the world by nest 8-10 years</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited April 2012
    reddevil87 wrote:
    I am being over optimistic, here. But, I feel none of the league is complete. Every league has something to offer.

<div> Nice one mate,liked it</div>
    edited April 2012
    reddevil87 wrote:

<div> Exactly. And who cares if it takes to long. Heck I would not mind if they have to put the league on hiatus for a year just to study and perfect the league. Something from each is the direction to go.</div>
  • I have a suggestion regarding this .

with all the cries about the logistics. and the MLS typos tghing slated to come in ,we can tweak it to out indian mentalities.
    First of all Division 1: 16 teams ,div 2 16 teams , 5 conference zones, Eastern,Western,Southern,Northern and North Eastern

now why i am against the east and west conference in top divsion is the lack of teams coming out the region
    every year we would be having the same clubs fighitng agaisnt each other in the conference say in the western it would,PFC,MFC,AI,CB,DMP,SAL,SCG ..
    so these fans wont be able to witness SLFC,USFC,MB,KEB,MS,Aizawl,arhima etc.

so what i propose is have 16 teams in div 1 ..divide those teams each year by draw into two groups.

for eg group 1 will have: PFC,SLFC,AI,ONGC,DMP,SAL,MS,MB and group 2 have: CUK,USFC,MFC,HAL,PA,SCG,EB,CB

now have round robin of these two groups..
    Select top 4 from each to go to the super division playoffs whatever it will be called.

say PFC,SLFC<AI<DMp qualify from grp1 and PA,EB<CB,USFC qualify from second group.

now for the remained of the teams again divide them into 2 groups of 4 each. and have them play each other .,,one team from each group qualifies to the super divison playoffs. now we have 10 teams in the super div playoffs, so these again will play round robin to decide the winner of the I league.

now the last 6 remaining will fight it out in round robin to avoid relegation . the last two teams will get relegated to div 2.

Same format for divison two ... just the winnners and the runners up take the i league div 1 spot
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    the model i would say we should follow must be a mix of brazilian league and jleague because brazil is a poor country(read not enough funds for india) and jleague for their proffesionalism
    edited April 2012
    archak wrote:
    the model i would say we should follow must be a mix of brazilian league and jleague because brazil is a poor country(read not enough funds for india) and jleague for their proffesionalism

<div>The Brazil is that poor as it used to be. Brazil, along with India, is one of the leading economic countries for the future. As for there league. I understand the J.League model but I dont get it, what is the Brazilian model. Plus if you look at the league all the Brazilian teams are in the South, that is the exact opposite of what we want in India. Plus Brazil lose there best players to Europe all the time. Dont see how that model can work.

J.League I still like. I would like to mix up A-League (10 teams, emphasis on keeping there best players), J.League (professionalism, crowds, marketing), Bundesliga (youth approach) and MLS (expansion, no pro/rel, salary caps, DPs, Roster Rules) and then add a few things to make that mix appealing to India so in the end we would have...

1) A 10 team league with no promotion/relegation and that gains teams through expansion (2 teams every 2 years).

2) All 10 teams would be slapped with a salary cap and Roster Rules. This would then force more work on marketing and youth development which the league requiers the teams to do.

3) All teams are required to have an Academy at u19 and u17 level by that clubs 3rd year in the league (example: Bangalore FC joins the league in 2012, they have till 2015 to have an Academy at u19 and u17 level) Also all Academies must run for at least 10 months per year.

4) In terms of professionalism when the teams signs there players the contact that the players made are made by the league and not the teams, this is to fix the problems stated in an article yesterday about player contracts in India.

5) All teams must also have an u23 side (Reserve Side) which has 14 players in it (all 14 players are included in the 30 man roster). You may only add 3 players over the age of 23 in the Reserve Side and the Reserve Side plays all the State League games (example: Instead of East Bengal playing in the CFL, it is the East Bengal Reserve Side who plays in the State League.

6) Again with professionalism each and every team must have the following coaching staffs...
    - Manager (Coach)
    - Assistant Manager
    - First Team Coach
    - State League Coach (Have all state league matches be coached by this coach, makes it easier for the Manager to scout potential youth players)
    - Youth Team coach
    - Goalkeeping coach
    - Fitness coach
    - Physiotherapist
    - Assistant physiotherapists
    - Club doctor
    - Kit Manager (in charge of who the jersey is made by [Nike, Adidas etc] and what the design is)
    - Chief Scout (scouts youth players around India and International when told)
    - Head of youth development (in charge of how the money given towards the youth teams are used).

7) Last but not least, if a team wants to be in the league they need to have a website, youtube channel and twitter/facebook in which is updated at least daily.

8) And tickets to each game must be made available 3 months in advance and each fan must have a phone number to call so they can buy tickets or ask questions and online ticket sales must be done as well.</div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    i said so because here the regional leagues are given as much importance as ileague....
  • i said so because here the regional leagues are given as much importance as ileague....

You mean the 3rd Division because the 1st and 2nd Division of Brazil are single table with all 40 (20 in each division) in the South.