Forum rules & Posting Guidelines

AdminAdmin 240 Points
edited April 2014 in Announcements
Dear [IFN members,<div><br></div><div> In order to run this community smoothly we need to lay down certain rules and codes of conduct. We don't really want to burden all you guys with our rules, if you don't agree with any these rules please post let us know. The owners and moderator team will surely consider your requests and reasoning. We will also make sure that the member's wishes are taken care of.</div>

Comments

• AdminAdmin 240 Points
    edited April 2014

These rules are applicable to all topics except Fight Club, which has a slightly separate rules 

1) Any comments which hurt regional, religious, personal sentiments won't be tolerated. Such members will be given warning. If they still don't correct themselves, we will have to BAN them.

2)We always welcome debates, but the debaters must never initiate personal attacks.

3)Abusive language is not allowed.

4)Please refrain from purposeless hate messages.

5)Please do not post in any language other than English.

6) Advertisements can be given only in advertisement thread. However, moderators can still delete them if found unsuitable to be kept in this forum.

7)  In IFN, we want our members to give opinions and debate on variety of football topics from local to international levels. But please use the appropriate threads to do so. 

8) We reserve the right to remove offensive posts. 

9) Members should be careful and sensitive enough, not to violate the privacy of any member by showing pictures or posting personal information without consent. 

10) Spam will be deleted and spammers will be banned. Signatures and website link in profile cannot contain links to paypal scam, affiliate links, xxx or warez site, referral program or any quick money making scams. 

11) Please do not use shortened URLs and while posting link, please explain what it is about.

12)Please do not put derogatory images in your avatar or signature.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

I suggested my friend to use IFN. But he says its very confusing since every comment keeps repeating. I think he means the reply are being posted with original comments.

I think members should restrict their reply to one only. And other members who wish to reply on the same topic, should not continue by using "quote" option since sometimes it becomes very long.I think we can use "@" and reply. Can anybody suggest something better.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I second that. Unless it is absolutely required or you are replying to a comment made a few comments ago, we can avoid quoting, specially the long ones. Or we can just quote the relevant part of the entire comment. This will certainly make newcomers comfortable to follow the discussions. Its not a rule or something but just a suggestion so that we can help expand the community.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

if replying to a long quote then only keep the part u wanna comment on. delete all the rest

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> silicon3 said:
    >

if replying to a long quote then only keep the part u wanna comment on. delete all the rest

yes agree...also one can highlight part of the quote is bold or colour