Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited March 2012
    So Somesh what do you think about this ???? WSH not so popular ???

So this shows how much AIFF and IMG-RIL been able to do for I-League.

And with such good performance of NT I expect it to become 0.0.1
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    may be somesh watched the wsh match in diff stand but i watched the sunday match of mumbai marines in south stand where even girls who were watching were there with some good knowledge about rules and also about some top players there....all age people loved it as it was lesser duration higher pace and full time action all over the stadium along with some good commentator working to keep the fans interested for full time...
    frankly you cant compare football with hockey or cricket which has much better top class players available unlike our football scenario which means lack of playing quality for the fans to get excited who have already fallen in love with european games heavily
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    @somesh @ashindia
    <i>"A couple of days later, I was at the Mumbai Hockey Association (MHA) to watch a World Series Hockey (WSH) match. The WSH had been mired in controversy, what with the administration of the sport divided down the middle and at loggerheads for a while now. With most of the frontline Indian players unavailable for the league, there were serious concerns whether the league could take off.

But the stands were more than 50% full at the match I went to, and this seems to be pretty much the pattern wherever WSH matches are being played. Even if this was a lingering hangover from the exciting victory of the national team in the World Cup qualifiers, it was significant nonetheless, for hockey otherwise has been struggling."</i>

http://www.livemint.com/2012/03/07210553/Other-sports-matter-too-now.html?h=C
  • Wierd how IPL and WSH are franchise pan-India leagues that market themselves and have a small amount of team have great TV ratings while our great I-League with 14 teams, soon to be 18 which is not franchise based, no marketing is doing the worst.

Hmmm, really wierd :)
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Wierd how IPL and WSH are franchise pan-India leagues that market themselves and have a small amount of team have great TV ratings while our great I-League with 14 teams, soon to be 18 which is not franchise based, no marketing is doing the worst.

I thought it was 16 not 18 teams ??
    :-/
  • ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Wierd how IPL and WSH are franchise pan-India leagues that market themselves and have a small amount of team have great TV ratings while our great I-League with 14 teams, soon to be 18 which is not franchise based, no marketing is doing the worst.

I thought it was 16 not 18 teams ??
    :-/

Does not matter. You get the point.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i mean WSH is doing lots of marketing,example twitter they are giving free vip passed to people who tweet somehing abt wsh etc,their website the the best on par with nfl,nba
  • usaindia wrote:
    I mean World Series Hockey is doing lots of marketing, example being with twitter they are giving free vip passes to people who tweet somehing about World Series Hockey etc. Their website is the best on par with NBA

Agree. Which is why I find it hard that AIFF cant create a new website. Why not make a new one with a new url. Maybe indianfootball.com just like with what the United States Soccer Federation. Instead of the-ussf.com they did ussoccer.com.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    What is rating of I league now