India vs DPR Korea Live Streaming and Discussions, 13th March 2012

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9257 Points
    Shah476 wrote:
    i must say, this has gotta be one of the worst india performances i have come across. i follow them closely and these 3 matches were shambolic...fair enough aiff investing in tech director and youth but its the senior team that needs to perform at top level for things to click.

a better coach is needed...the players arent playing for the coach or each other..atleast that what i could make of it. savio spending years under bob, atleast he could have managed to this even with playing long ball. you just had to look at filipinos...ignore the overseas players issue..they were playing for each other and the coach. average teams with such passion and desire can go places. which i believe lacked under savio.

not sure how good of a choice roberts could be...prob kick and rush again, i'd say get back Stephen Constantine...much better choice than roberts and more experienced in terms of coaching.

Yes even I had Stephen Constantine in mind but do you think he'll leave his job in Cyprus where he has taken an newly promoted team to 8th position ??
    Our worst show ever, we've never gotten out of AFC Challenger Cup without scoring a goal.

Now AFC Challenge Cup is also becoming an uphill task....sooner SAFFF cup will look like that!!!

SAFF Cup is already over buddy,thank god that we were the host.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    Shah476 wrote:
    i must say, this has gotta be one of the worst india performances i have come across. i follow them closely and these 3 matches were shambolic...fair enough aiff investing in tech director and youth but its the senior team that needs to perform at top level for things to click.

a better coach is needed...the players arent playing for the coach or each other..atleast that what i could make of it. savio spending years under bob, atleast he could have managed to this even with playing long ball. you just had to look at filipinos...ignore the overseas players issue..they were playing for each other and the coach. average teams with such passion and desire can go places. which i believe lacked under savio.

not sure how good of a choice roberts could be...prob kick and rush again, i'd say get back Stephen Constantine...much better choice than roberts and more experienced in terms of coaching.

Yes even I had Stephen Constantine in mind but do you think he'll leave his job in Cyprus where he has taken an newly promoted team to 8th position ??

i think so..India job is much bigger now than it was before when he was last incharge...and its a small club which he has done really well at with limited resources...cant take them much further i guess.

India need a coach for which the players will play for the manager game in game out...some1 like Jorvan Veira who won the asian cup for iraq would also be a good shout...need some1 with experience in the region perhaps..
    India Coach Savio Medeira: "The Team Lacks Killer Instinct. I am Surprised To see Boys Going Down This Level. surely the performance in the AFC Challenge Cup was frustrating."

Source :- www.goalnepal.com
  • Ronny wrote:
    Savio wont retire for sure..he is a dummy coach..AIFF will have to sack him..they cant turn a blind eye to the teams performance after this turnaround from what we were under armando and now this low :(

We went 1-2-3 with Armando. Our win was against Qatar and that did not count.
  • First lets see if we get rid of Savio

I will be happy if AIFF gives Armando Colaco a contract after I League

It has to be foreign. I am sorry but I have lost faith with Indian coaches. Even Armando went 1-2-3. We need someone with international expirence. Someone who can get us off the ground. India is an AFC Challenge Cup quality team and Group Stage AFC Asian Cup team but our coaches never pick the right team and style.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    First lets see if we get rid of Savio

I will be happy if AIFF gives Armando Colaco a contract after I League

It has to be foreign. I am sorry but I have lost faith with Indian coaches. Even Armando went 1-2-3. We need someone with international expirence. Someone who can get us off the ground. India is an AFC Challenge Cup quality team and Group Stage AFC Asian Cup team but our coaches never pick the right team and style.

In terms of results Colaco may have not given much... But I cant forget 9 men Indian team fighting full strength UAE team in away game and losing 3-0, 2 of them penalties. Most of the games we lost were also marginal loses.

Although we wont take Qatar game into account, still it was most exciting times for football fans

If we cant get a good international coach then we need ppl like Colaco
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I would personally love to see Colaco back. He is perfect for our team, an Indian approach with a foreigner-like command. We had seen magical improvements under him within a short period of time. I liked the way Blue Tigers played under him.

Imagine how much wonder he can do with a long term contract? His team selection was superb and the style was attractive. I hope the AIFF guys realize his potential.

Many are talking about Karim Bencherifa. But somehow I don't like him. Its true he has got all those trophies, but I doubt how much he can do with a NT which is a completely different ball game. And in any case if you want to bring a foreigner why go for a second grade shit. Let him be in the shit I-League and earn laurels
  • I rather Graham Roberts than Armando Colaco.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    AIFF can offer Morgan for the post if East Bengal is ready to release him. Though EB sometimes goes out of form (especially when key players are injured) but the team plays attractive football (not just kicking the ball). The make well practiced moves to break the opposition's defence. Morgan is now quite aware of the situation in India. But team selection should be done by a committee of ex-players or coaches headed by Mr Baan. A expert physical trainer is needed. There are too much injuries in his team and many are suffering groin injury.