Should they make a new Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal?

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @archak - I dont understand what are u talking about? Who played a match against the Parsis, at what era?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    there was a match around the same time where the Parsis were facing the british in a match.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Ok. Here's a well researched article by sports historian Boria Majumder about that
    http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?212311

... u are right, however, still the movie can't be said to be non fiction, lets say it is motivated by that incident, the full setting is fictional...Egaro can be considered as a real story with lots of masala put in...

anyways, if u see the article u will see, Nagendraprasad Sarbadhikary 's name comes up, apparently the lead role was based on him (too far fetched i wud say)...., incidentally Nagendraprasad Sarbadhikary is also considered as father of Indian football, after he started organising the game initially when only British used to play it.. (I think Somnath wrote an article about him or mentioned him in one of his posts or articles)
  • I am actually writing an article on him right now :P...next part in Legends of Indian Football series. The article should be done in a week...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I am actually writing an article on him right now :P...next part in Legends of Indian Football series. The article should be done in a week...

I can see future ;)

• arsenalfan wrote:
    I am just wondering now because after watching GOAL 1, 2 and 3 it just made me wonder. What if they made a sequel but this time make it "Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal 2: Taking it to the Next Level"

Try making this movie as part of a promotion for Indian football. Basically continue the story of Sunny and have be at the age of 24-25 playing in the Conference Premier (5th tier of England) so now his England National career is ruined but then before AFC Asian Cup Qualifying comes Sunny gets the invite to play for India. Have him be eligible for an Indian passport somehow and make up a plot in which he decides to give up his English passport and go for Indian citizenship.

Then have him play through the qualifiers with Sunil Chhetri, Nabi, and other real players making guest appearances. Then make a plot where the team goes through qualification and make it by beating Pakistan 3-0. Then in the Asian Cup make up a plot in which India defy all odds and how the amazing strike partnership of Sunny and Sunil is the best in the Cup.

Then India makes it to the Final against Australia (the audience would love the good old India vs Australia match up). Then have some sort of conflict in which for some movie reason Sunny leaves the Indian team because Real Madrid or some big club wants to sign him but in order for that to happen he must leave the Asian Cup and get to Spain or whatever as quick as possible. This causes unrest and then when the game happens without Sunny have Australia take a 2-0 lead into halftime. Then when the 2nd half starts again without Sunny India pulls 1 goal back but Australia again score to make it 3-1. Then all of a sudden Sunny comes out of the locker room after rejecting that big Euro club just to play for India. He then comes on as a sub and gets the assist as Sunil scores. He then scores himself to level it at 3-3 going into extra time. Then have the game go to penalties where every player scores until that one Australian misses meaning that if Sunny score, India wins. Sunny scores and India win the AFC Asian Cup.

The next day he gets the call from some unknown big Euro club and done. Leave room for the third part.

So what do you guys think. Should they restart the movie?

nice thinking & story , kuch zyada hi filmi hai
  • archak wrote:
    On this pattern in Japan there was a comic by the name of Captian Tsubasa which was later animated. this was done to motivate children take up soccer

oh @archak, you made me nostalgic, I used to watch every episode after finishing my X board exams on a channel called animax..I feel it as very inspiring cartoon also the moves of scoring goals by jumping on the post & many bicycle kicks...
    similarly one more cartoon was there called hungry heart
    samiam
  • Captain Tsubasa inspired the prominent footballers such as Hidetoshi Nakata and Alessandro Del Piero and Fernando Torres to play football and choose it as a career.

source:-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Tsubasa
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    archak wrote:
    On this pattern in Japan there was a comic by the name of Captian Tsubasa which was later animated. this was done to motivate children take up soccer

oh @archak, you made me nostalgic, I used to watch every episode after finishing my X board exams on a channel called animax..I feel it as very inspiring cartoon also the moves of scoring goals by jumping on the post & many bicycle kicks...
    similarly one more cartoon was there called hungry heart

i watched each episode of the anime in animax and still read the comic
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited February 2015
    @ArsenalFan700 What a story ur movie will make 500 Crores in box office :P