U-20 I-league 2012

Comments

• AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    HAL   1 - 0   Air India <br>Pune FC   3 - 2   Mumbai FC <br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Aruncito wrote:
    HAL   1 - 0   Air India <br>Pune FC   3 - 2   Mumbai FC <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>So with this 3-2 win, pune fc finally defeated mumbai fc in any age group tournament...</div><div>Still a good result for both the teams to see scoring goals..</div>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited April 2012
    shankar wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I was going through nehru cup thread and saw a comment of u-23 tournament parellel with the senior nehru cup...</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">and this idea popped up in my mind...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">A U-20 AIFF invitational cup where 8 teams will play</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1- INDIA u-19</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2- Winner of U-20 I-League</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2 clubs from asia</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2 clubs from south america</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">and 2 clubs from Europe of which one should a top european team...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I dont see any reason why any european club would not send their youth team to india after all it will give them a good opportunity to increase their fan-base </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">and will be a great experience for indian national team and some real stuff to play for the u-20 i-league teams as well</font></div>
    <div>good idea...how about the  best academy team of india also given chance - a reward for their efforts.<br></div>
  • ajmal wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I was going through nehru cup thread and saw a comment of u-23 tournament parellel with the senior nehru cup...</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">and this idea popped up in my mind...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">A U-20 AIFF invitational cup where 8 teams will play</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1- INDIA u-19</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2- Winner of U-20 I-League</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2 clubs from asia</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2 clubs from south america</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">and 2 clubs from Europe of which one should a top european team...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I dont see any reason why any european club would not send their youth team to india after all it will give them a good opportunity to increase their fan-base </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">and will be a great experience for indian national team and some real stuff to play for the u-20 i-league teams as well</font></div>
    <div>good idea...how about the  best academy team of india also given chance - a reward for their efforts.<br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>How would we determine it though. Only way I can see it is by adding Tata, SESA etc in the I-League U20 and not allow them in the I-League 2nd Division.</div>
  • UtpalUtpal 0 Points
    First and foremost, the one to one mapping with I-League Div-1 clubs for qualification in U-20 I-League has to stop. A number of clubs who are giving due emphasis to youth development are unable to take part in U-20 league because of this weired regulation. I strongly feel that clubs like JCT Academy, SESA Goa, NISA Manipur, PIFA Mumbai and TFA deserve to be there in U-20 I-League.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    Utpal wrote:
    First and foremost, the one to one mapping with I-League Div-1 clubs for qualification in U-20 I-League has to stop. A number of clubs who are giving due emphasis to youth development are unable to take part in U-20 league because of this weired regulation. I strongly feel that clubs like JCT Academy, SESA Goa, NISA Manipur, PIFA Mumbai and TFA deserve to be there in U-20 I-League.

That's true few more clubs

• Well I think groups should stay. Obviously the I-League owners will not like a single table I-League U20. It has to be in groups based on regions and then have the top 6 be in the Final Round. Just add the other Academies in though.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Well I think groups should stay. Obviously the I-League owners will not like a single table I-League U20. It has to be in groups based on regions and then have the top 6 be in the Final Round. Just add the other Academies in though.

<br><br>U20 league in its current format is really pointless..mr das of aiff mentioned the would have loved to encompass more team from other regions of india but , its just to much money to do so...<br>
  • silicon3 wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Well I think groups should stay. Obviously the I-League owners will not like a single table I-League U20. It has to be in groups based on regions and then have the top 6 be in the Final Round. Just add the other Academies in though.

<br><br>U20 league in its current format is really pointless..mr das of aiff mentioned the would have loved to encompass more team from other regions of india but , its just to much money to do so...<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I bet its not that, obviously they need more money for this but then think about how many pointless competitions AIFF run that if they stopped and focused that money on I-League U20 then how great it would be.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <div>The final round schedule is out but with some errors</div><div>as i see mumbai fc playing pune fc twice in the round on 9th and 13th....</div><div>i think the first one is mfc against prayag as pune will be playing a match on 10th as well</div><div><br></div><a href="http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/tournament/tournament-fixtures.php?tournamentdetail=91">http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/tournament/tournament-fixtures.php?tournamentdetail=91</a>;