U-20 I-league 2012

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Well to be honest... do these kids deserve cash prizes. They are u20 players! All the champions deserve are call-ups to the national team.

What do u mean by that!!!! most of them are 18-20, meaning they are pro.... lack of cash is the reason why most kids leave football...
  • While were at it lets give 14 year olds money as well! Even at a club like Arsenal the u18s and some Reserves are not payed. Only pay the exceptional youngsters.

Talk about overpaying Indian footballers.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    While were at it lets give 14 year olds money as well! Even at a club like Arsenal the u18s and some Reserves are not payed. Only pay the exceptional youngsters.

Talk about overpaying Indian footballers.

18+ guys are supposed to be professionals...most footballers in India come from poor backgrounds and they have responsibility to earn for the family...if playing football doesn't pay, they would rather work..don't give a shit what Arsenal does... more concerned about the boys back home.... every follower here can tell u multiple stories about talented guys leaving football coz - lack of oppurtinities, selection politics and pressure to earn living
  • I get what your saying and the Arsenal example was probably shit. I dont know, I am still hyped up from the Man City match which I saw. (Good game by the way)

Anyway. What I should have said is that this is only a 6-14 game affair (sadly). Most of these kids are not professional and most of them will be chosen randomly after the I-League club relizes they need u20 players. Of course some of them will be payed as a bunch of u20 players already in the first team will play in the u20 league.

I am saying though that you cant pay all the players. Only pay them if you feel they are good enough and could make the rise up. Right now with all this player salary inflation the clubs like East Bengal and Dempo are carrying high wage budgets and they are high! They dont want to go and spend on some random u20 player who might never even see the light of the field. They will pay for the good ones and the ones already signed to first-team deals.

As for a trophy. The AIFF can literally buy one online. Not hard. And there are some good ones online as well.

Also prize money should be given out if most of the players will be out of poverty.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    now you are talking.... yes there needs to be an system in place...some motivation...
    whatever that might be (maynot be monetary) is beyond by strategic capabilities..

In fact arsenal example is not bad at all...any player playing in Arsenal u18 knows what that means...playing itself is a big motivation...even if they turn out to be shit, they wud very likely be in one of lower division clubs.... playing for any youth team in Indian system doesn't mean anything...
  • rudra wrote:
    now you are talking.... yes there needs to be an system in place...some motivation...
    whatever that might be (maynot be monetary) is beyond by strategic capabilities..

In fact arsenal example is not bad at all...any player playing in Arsenal u18 knows what that means...playing itself is a big motivation...even if they turn out to be shit, they wud very likely be in one of lower division clubs.... playing for any youth team in Indian system doesn't mean anything...

Exactly. Look at me. I could soon play for the Red Bulls U18 Academy yet I wont get payed. In fact only 2 players got payed at the u18 level last year. Even at the u23 level only around half the team got payed, and what I noticed was that the ones who got payed at the u23 and u18 level were also players for the first-team for cup matches, pratcices, reserve matches. They were real pros who the club thought had a future. Again probably not the best example but what else can I say?
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I do think this is just not a tournament for any club to show how good is their youth system....had that been the case pune fc would have easily get past mumbai fc last time to final round...
    But this tournament is one chance for those youngsters to prove to their fellow club officials that they are made of some stuff worth to be used by the club in future and get them recognized by club coaches as next big thing from the club......if you see this time 5 of mfc u-19 guys made it to main team roster though they didnt got that chances to prove themselves for obvious reasons the team's position in league table..this is mainly because of their best performance in last season for u-19 team

This league is more about opportunities than pride as i think
  • shankar wrote:
    I do think this is just not a tournament for any club to show how good is their youth system....had that been the case pune fc would have easily get past mumbai fc last time to final round...
    But this tournament is one chance for those youngsters to prove to their fellow club officials that they are made of some stuff worth to be used by the club in future and get them recognized by club coaches as next big thing from the club......if you see this time 5 of mfc u-19 guys made it to main team roster though they didnt got that chances to prove themselves for obvious reasons the team's position in league table..this is mainly because of their best performance in last season for u-19 team

This league is more about opportunities than pride as i think

IT SHOULD BE! These kids should be told by the coaches that it is not about winning, it is about showing that you are better than this and deserve to be called up to the senior squad.

Anyway Pune FC have this. This will be the first time they have an Academy team in the league. Problem is that this Academy is u19 not u20. Also if not Pune one of the Goan teams. If I am not mistaken Sporting Goa won the Goa U20 league.