confirmed that Air India and ONGC FC are officially out from next
    season's I-League upon non-fulfillment of FIFA and AFC's Club Licencing
    Criteria..."

• > mizo said:
    > Is it true this "The All India Football Federation (AIFF) have
    > confirmed that Air India and ONGC FC are officially out from next
    > season's I-League upon non-fulfillment of FIFA and AFC's Club Licencing
    > Criteria..."

Seems like unofficial news. Times of India are reporting it but reading what they wrote it seems that they are only taking an educated guess.

So, at least for me, I would take this news lightly for now. Obviously the chances of Air India and ONGC being in the 2013-14 I-League are slim but the chance is still there.
  • http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2013/02/21/3763386/the-ipl-is-our-popular-benchmark-aiff-president-praful-patel

It is quotes like this: "stated that the beautiful game has the potential to overtake cricket in India in the years to come" that make me hate the AIFF.

We shall never overtake cricket, end of story.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Most of the AIFF officials have said on-camera that AI & ONGC won't be taking part in next seasons I-league. That iss some confirmation.

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Next year's I-League will be of 16 teams and winner will play in cash rich AFC Champions League...
    Yesss!!!Its AFC Champions League...Now cash-flow and big sponsorship deals should happen for Indian clubs...
    Well done AIFF
    Hail to you!!!

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> hadfadkar said:
    > Next year's I-League will be of 16 teams and winner will play in cash rich AFC Champions League...
    > Yesss!!!Its AFC Champions League...Now cash-flow and big sponsorship deals should happen for Indian clubs...
    > Well done AIFF
    > Hail to you!!!

16 teams what is the source bro ?

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

AIFF has Confirmed Air India & ONGC's exit from the next edition of the I-League by not inviting them for an important club licensing seminar in GOA on Thursday.

Air India & ONGC are the only two clubs in the I-League which have failed to meet the Strict Club Licensing Criteria. Both government entities have ticked a majority of the criteria boxes,but the all-important one of registering the team as a separate entity has not been fulfilled.
    "The Clubs needed some clarifications so we decided a workshop would be the best option.There will be discussions on the timeline & how soon we can complete the formalities",sa­id I-League CEO Sunando Dhar.

The workshop in Goa is for clubs from the western region, notably mumbai & Goa, But interestingly Air India & ONGC are not among the invitees.

Meanwhile a separate workshop will be held in Kolkata on Friday.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> ashindia said:
    > > hadfadkar said:
    > > Next year's I-League will be of 16 teams and winner will play in cash rich AFC Champions League...
    > > Yesss!!!Its AFC Champions League...Now cash-flow and big sponsorship deals should happen for Indian clubs...
    > > Well done AIFF
    > > Hail to you!!!
    >
    >

16 teams what is the source bro ?

you dont ask source to a guy who is so addicted to ctrl+c and ctrl+v...
    he is yet to try other button i think :P
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

How about this button

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic