I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

One IFA Official said

1) If MMB accept walkover then KEB wil get 3 point, mb will get 2 match suspension and 3 point diducted.

2) If don't accept MMB walkover then 2 chance:

a) MMB will be directly religated to 2nd div. And other teams will get the points.

b) MMB will be suspended for two years and the points other teams got by beating them or drawing with them will be deducted as MMB's registration will be cancelled.

• This is so stupid. Mohun Bagan have every right to walk away. There player is literally in the emergency room at the moment and the officials think that they can play on. Its the fans fault for this action and the bad security that was given the job of securing the match. They should be held accountable for fans being allowed to bring stones to games.

I dont like the way Bagan get ran and I do have a dislike towards the people who run the club but if this is the way they are punished then that is sad to see from the IFA and AIFF.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited December 2012

Unfortunate but true neither AIFF nor IFA has the guttts to punish either of these two teams.
    personally I would like to see a rematch, cause I know this bagan team is just a waste and a rematch is the best way to make them understand that

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Even mancester derby almost had the same thing. Rio fardinand got hit by something by fans. :D

• > Joyptan said:
    > Even mancester derby almost had the same thing. Rio fardinand got hit by something by fans. :D

That always happens in derbies. What happened today was much worst.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

> imsourav said:
    > Unfortunate but true neither AIFF nor IFA has the guttts to punish either of these two teams.
    > personally I would like to see a rematch, cause I know this bagan team is just a waste and a rematch is the best way to make them understand that

i Agree with the no Guts part
  • sabirsabir 46 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > This is so stupid. Mohun Bagan have every right to walk away. There player is literally in the emergency room at the moment and the officials think that they can play on. Its the fans fault for this action and the bad security that was given the job of securing the match. They should be held accountable for fans being allowed to bring stones to games.

I dont like the way Bagan get ran and I do have a dislike towards the people who run the club but if this is the way they are punished then that is sad to see from the IFA and AIFF.

No club in India has the capacity to organise a match with 100000 viewers. They are dependent totally on State machinery (MB would do same in their home match). And those missiles are not brought from outside. Condition of the stadium is such you can get enough stock of concrete slabs for that purposes.

• Then why are they playing there? If we all know about this then why is there no action being taken. How are we supposed to move on as a footballing nation if this is the state we live in right now.

For gods sake this stadium is in line to host of of the games at the FIFA U17 World Cup. Ideally this stadium should be demolished by then. Who the fuck cares if it is 120,000 capacity, it is not suitable for football and if we do not do something now then somebody else will get hurt and I fear of whats next.

Is this what we call professional football in India. It sickens me.
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited December 2012

This stadium needs renovation-I mean broken pieces of concrete were used as missiles. If you put bucket seats, they will be thrown also. Imagine that before 1984 or so, Eden Gardens used to be shared for both Cricket and football. Calcutta has its own unparallel history of violence in sports. Eden gardens was burnt down by fans with all its wooden stands in late 1960s due to fake ticket scam and West Indies team had to run for their lives from stadium to their Great Eastern Hotel.

Experienced referee could have handled the stuation better. Referee never tried to cool it down, giving warnings, smiling, talking to captains,nothing card after card to Mohun Bagan players and fans reacted as players did in highly charged atmosphere. Just 1 minute before that, there was a challenge on Odafa and it was not given a foul but next 50:50 challenge on Nirmal was given a free kick. And red card was unfortunate-referee could have shown only yellow.

• Not all refereeing decisions will go your way. Thats football. Arsenal were awarded a penalty (and goal) for a Santi Cazorla dive in the box. Football is football. And I dont think the referee had any chance. He cant stop the rocks and I think he was right to continue to talk to the MB players. They went crazy. Plus he needed to stay with Nabi who was horribly injured.

As for the Salt Lake Stadium. When that piece of stone is destroyed that will be a happy day. Yes the crowd is amazing and the atmosphere is super electric and the fans outnumber the fans at say the Manchester derby but is it worth it? Not at all. Matches like these should be held at smaller stadiums, preferably at a home stadium where the home fans will greatly outnumber the away fans (much easier to control). Sadly that cant happen until better renovations are done at the East Bengal Ground and Mohun Bagan Ground.

Right now, if I was the AIFF and IFA, I would relocate both Kolkata derbies to Siliguri and Assam and then have the rest of the home matches at the respective grounds of EB and MB. Pailan and Prayag can share with MB and EB temporarily. After that the AIFF and IFA need to get over their differences and talk to the Sports minister of West Bengal and India. 

They need to talk about making a new stadium for Kolkata. 30,000 seater (real seats), 2 tiers. And have it ready for the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup. Have that stadium be the catalyst for the U17 World Cup. After that we can see Prayag United relocate to preferably Siliguri in 2013-14 while Pailan can relocate to somewhere else as well. EB and MB can play at their grounds and derbies in Kolkata should be banned for 2 years. The fans need to earn the trust of the officials before allowing these sort of games back into Kolkata.