Suggestions/Complaints for Indian Football Forum

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I miss "Indian Football General Discussion" thread. Then it becomes a mockery of Indian Football News updates as 1 item for news and 20 items of discussion. we will have to post irrelevant post on other threads in absence of General Thread.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I don't understand how that is bad though? This is a forum. We discuss things on the forum.</div><div><br></div><div>If you want a section where there is only news articles then look at the blog where we already have mostly the relevant Indian football news.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    That thread had become too messy. I believe there are threads on this forum for almost any topic on Indian football under the sun. Please choose appropriate thread and carry on!
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Ya my IFF android app was nT showing the page but anyway I reinstalled it and its good now
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited August 2013
    <p>i think when u have new members joining IFN ..he/she must go throught a compulsory forum introduction..Advantages its much more quicker to get to know members and he will be welcomed by us all</p><p> </p><p>Otherwise we have to ask the membe to intrduce themselves when we see their posts</p>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Agree with </span><a href="http://indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/profile/silicon3"; style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(30, 121, 167); line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">@silicon3<;/a> * 2
    edited August 2013
    Suggestion:<div><br>Can we get a full update of the categories and perhaps proper organization of the thread titles? </div><div><br></div><div>Like, for example, when I click on <i>"Indian Club Football"</i> I am still left with sections for <i>"Indian Arrows", "Chirag Kerala", "HAL SC", </i>and <i>"Air India FC" </i>when those clubs are not even in the I-League anymore (In the case of Indian Arrows, it should be Pailan Arrows instead). So instead of having those as a category, we could instead merge each thread in those categories and then add those threads into the <i>"Indian Football Clubs"</i> section. (I was also thinking of making an extra category for "Former I-League clubs" but I don't know about that one.</div><div><br></div><div>Also, can we have the club categories be placed in alphabetical order? There is no reason to start with Bengaluru FC and then have Pailan Arrows below them and then East Bengal and so on. Alphabetical order would allow for easier navigation through the forum.</div><div><br></div><div>Also, can we try to not have threads with all capital letters? Its hard on the eyes and it just looks wrong (at least to me). If there is some future friendly for the India NT coming up, we do not need a thread called "INDIA VS SINGAPORE 18 OCTOBER 2012", we can just use "India vs. Singapore; Friendly; 18 October 2012". Its simple and easy to read. If you want people to see than request it to be added as an "announcement", no need for capital letters.</div><div><br></div><div>And finally, small issue, can we please add a dash ( - ) whenever we have the word "I-League" in thread titles. No "I League" or "I league" or "i league". Just simple "I-League".</div><div><br></div><div>So ya, just some things that I have been thinking about lately. Cheers. :)</div>
    So ya. As we can see we are being bombarded with spam. I am no administrator but I think it is obvious that something needs to change in order to stop this from happening so frequently (as it has been this month). <div><br></div><div>I looked at the way you can sign up for IFN and honestly it just looks to easy. Email, username, password (twice), and a small and easy "security check". Seems a bit to simple for any bot to just come in here and do there shite.</div><div><br></div><div>I then looked at some other forums like BigSoccer where for them you have to provide your name, username, Email, password (twice), Date of birth, Gender, your favorite clubs, your favorite league, your time zone, and a verification question.</div><div><br></div><div>And it does work. Sure, they do get a few spammers but most of them are just actual people spamming and not bots. Perhaps we can do something like this. A bot will not be able to fill in this kind of log-in and it would be nice to know some more info on some users here (like their league etc).</div><div><br></div><div>Also you can have some fun with the verification question like "Who won the 2012-13 I-League?" or "What is the first name of the current coach of the Indian national football team?".</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    @Admin can the Asia Cup hockey live streaming be changed to saff cup live streaming? Can you somehow embed the youtube link in top of the forum?
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    @Admin can the Asia Cup hockey live streaming be changed to saff cup live streaming? Can you somehow embed the youtube link in top of the forum?

<br><br>Channel is same? Hockey is in Star Sports. Which channel in India is showing SAFF cup? Please show hockey Final atleast.<br><br>