Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    archak wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    When a state have teams like pune fc u-15 and mumbai fc u-15 teams who been participating in many young tourneys to give their young lads teh experience and if the participant for any youth tournament is selected by lucky draw...then all we can say is that it is one of the lamest way i have ever heard for selection of team to represent the state

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is. Why they did not determine who will represent them through a qualifier I dont know.</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

Maybe MANU decided to decrease the budget for the Indian leg since they are here to promote themselves and secondly they understood that in India there is no proper youth structre so this tournaments budget can be spent in the final leg where they may get their next Park Ji Sung...........

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I doubt qualifiers would cost alot of money. Have WIFA host the qualifiers and then MANU only for the final tournament.</font></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    WIFA could have hosted the qualification but I think the news came in too early for WIFA too hold a qualification(sarcasm intended).... After all its WIFA we are talking about its indias most pro state association
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    archak wrote:
    WIFA could have hosted the qualification but I think the news came in too early for WIFA too hold a qualification(sarcasm intended).... After all its WIFA we are talking about its indias most pro state association

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">True. Will be interesting to see where this goes. Can Pune FC sue.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Article on there website...</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://punefc.com/?news=pune-fc-u-15s-fouled-by-format-change-‘lucky’-draw&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
  • but everyone wants fixed number of clubs from states in i league..then this type of things will happen
    but everyone wants fixed number of clubs from states in i league..then this type of things will happen

Everyone want ileague to have a pan india presence since ileague being the most important tournament in india. but we are complainnig about the procedure that PIFA was selected not about 1 team per state rule.
  • archak wrote:
    but everyone wants fixed number of clubs from states in i league..then this type of things will happen

Everyone want ileague to have a pan india presence since ileague being the most important tournament in india. but we are complainnig about the procedure that PIFA was selected not about 1 team per state rule.

<br><div><br></div><div>they should have a contest and the best team should qualify and play against manU</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    It is not about the rule of one club per state which i am angry but the way that one club is selected....<div>of course no one want a club to represent the state on the basis of lucky draw...it sound like india got qualified to WC in place of S.Korea via lucky draw selection...</div><div><br></div><div>There should a deserving chance for every team  and this was not the case over here</div>
    archak wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>they should have a contest and the best team should qualify and play against manU</div>

yeah we want a better selection process. but i guess news came too late to wifa....
  • Exactly. If they lowered it to 1-team per state then fine but have qualifiers. PIFA is not the best U15 team Maharashtra has to offer.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Exactly. They should have had qualifiers to select that one it. All of this was done in a haste and now looks unfair