round 20

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    amazing 4-0 away win with goals from jeje,jewel,shilton and fela
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    good confidence win
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I saw that match ..saw IA for 1st time...will share the experience...
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Wow Rudra! I envy you! I was so hopeful of watching I League in Cooperage but it was shifted to Kolhapur this year. Share your experience with us! What was the crowd like?
  • jose12jose12 4 Points
    I was excited to see the HAL Vs IA scoreline. Can v fancy a win against UAE on july 23 as the majority of these players will be playing that match.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    If Bob uses these players in the game, we have a great chance of winning. But as he said that he would bring back the senior players into action, I doubt we have any chance
  • If Bob uses these players in the game, we have a great chance of winning. But as he said that he would bring back the senior players into action, I doubt we have any chance

Not having watched any I league game, I hesitate to comment on this issue but I think you're hanging too much hope on these kids. They are clearly talented and have been improving in big jumps through the season and by the time they get to their potential they will be far better than the current bunch but how can you claim that they are currently better than the senior players? This is the team that struggled to beat Myanmar in two games. They will play brilliantly one day and then horibly the next primarily due to their inexperience.

On the other hand, you underestimate the value of experience. Pradeep may not be at his beat right now, but you can see the difference his presence has made to Viva Kerala if you just look at their results with and without him. Anil Kumar, Felix and Karma may be scoring all the goals but it all started with his inclusion.

I think these kids will do well in the Olympic qualifying against Qatar. They lost 2 - 1 to Qata after leading 1 - 0 for most of the Asian Games match and some of these guys were in that team (jewel, jibon, fanai, Gurpreet and Jeje, I believe), while none of the Qatar team will be the same. But against UAE, Bob will field those who he thinks are the best. He's had a chance to look at these kids now, and after that if he thinks the seniors are still better, I have enough trust in his judgement to believe that's true. I think most of the seniors will return except for the oldest of them (Baichung, Mondal, Climax, Surkumar, Naik, Gawli, Yadav, and maybe Renedy).
    I
  • Sorry for the off topic response mods, feel free to move it to a more relevant board.
    churchill brothers 2-12 ongc with another 15 mins left to play
    eastbengal wins 3-0 all goals scored tolgazy