United SC News

1495051525355»

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points
    https://epaper.sangbadpratidin.in/epaper/m/807459/65ad715a4e0b3

United SC have won their maiden I-League 2 match by defeating SC Bengaluru 1-0. The winning goal was scored by Sahil Harijan in the 85th minute. United will square off against Sudeva FC on Friday. Their coach Steve Herborts said that the opposition was quite strong and the win was hard-earned. There was no room for complacency and the team has a long way to go to achieve success.

In spite of severe funds crunch, United has been playing in I-League 2 with a bunch of young Bengali footballers. They had raised 2 lakh 42 thousand rupees last year with the aim of developing their infrastructure through crowdfunding. This year they have resorted to crowdfunding to directly build their team.
    Deb_Banindian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Good performances but I fail to see the sustainability factor. You cant crowdfund your way beyond a season or two. United SC can only stay in lower tiers, focus on youth projects which is their forte and make money by selling players. I dont see how they can build any sort of fan base and attract investors in Kolkata, specially with a resurgent MSC.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    https://epaper.sangbadpratidin.in/epaper/m/807459/65ad715a4e0b3

United SC have won their maiden I-League 2 match by defeating SC Bengaluru 1-0. The winning goal was scored by Sahil Harijan in the 85th minute. United will square off against Sudeva FC on Friday. Their coach Steve Herborts said that the opposition was quite strong and the win was hard-earned. There was no room for complacency and the team has a long way to go to achieve success.

In spite of severe funds crunch, United has been playing in I-League 2 with a bunch of young Bengali footballers. They had raised 2 lakh 42 thousand rupees last year with the aim of developing their infrastructure through crowdfunding. This year they have resorted to crowdfunding to directly build their team.
    I always root for United SC, or to be specific, Nabab Bhattacharya.
    Their use of crowdfunding, though a desperate bid, is novel. But the outcome is frustrating. I thought they would garner more fund. I think it is better to go for sponsorship route in the long run.
    Here's wishing for them in ILII
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Good performances but I fail to see the sustainability factor. You cant crowdfund your way beyond a season or two. United SC can only stay in lower tiers, focus on youth projects which is their forte and make money by selling players. I dont see how they can build any sort of fan base and attract investors in Kolkata, specially with a resurgent MSC.

You are right there. Bengal football scenario of "Big Three" will stop emergence of multiple growth centres. Bengal will never have a fourth big club, unlike say, Goa unless there is a fourth ethnic group. IFA never tried to encourage clubs on regional basis (North Bengal, Durgapur-Asansol, etc).
    souravindiaashindiaindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points
    January 26 2024leagueUnited SC0-1Sudeva Delhi FCKalyani81′ Seiminmang 

January 31 2024leagueKenkre FC2-0United SCCOE Khargar15′ Subha, 57′ Loken

https://theawayend.co/second-division-league/

United SC lost their next two matches against Sudeva Delhi and Kenkre FC respectively. They now lie at the bottom of the table with three points

2nd Division League / I-League 2 Table

2023-24
    Search
    posteampwdlptsgfgagd
    1FC Bengaluru United33009624
    2The Oranje FC31114642
    3Dempo SC31114330
    4Sporting Clube de Goa31114330
    5Sudeva Delhi FC3111424-2
    6Kenkre FC3102356-1
    7SC Bengaluru3102323-1
    8United SC3102313-2