2013-14 I-League Round 20: The crunch time of the league begins now!

ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
edited March 2014 in I-League 2013-14
There may only be seven rounds left in this edition of the I-League but the teams still have 8-10 matches left... meaning that there are 24-30 points up for grabs from now till the end of the season and seeing how there is only an 11 point gap between leaders, Bengaluru FC, and ninth place, United SC, you have to say that the I-League race is well wide open.

This is the most competitive I-League season yet and it could go down to the wire but till then here are the match-ups for this round:

Saturday, 8 March 2014:
- Bengaluru FC vs. Churchill Brothers (16:00 - Bangalore Football Stadium).
- Mohammedan vs. Mohun Bagan (17:00 - Salt Lake Stadium).
- Dempo vs. Sporting Goa (18:00 - Fatorda Stadium).
- Pune vs. Shillong Lajong (18:30 - Balewadi Sports Complex).

Sunday, 9 March 2014:
- Salgaocar vs. Mumbai (17:00 - Fatorda Stadium).
- Rangdajied United vs. United (17:00 - Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium).

Bye: East Bengal.

(Note: TEN Action schedule has not been released yet regarding these fixtures.)

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Salgaocar match will be played at tilak maidan
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I just went with what the I-League website has.

So, anyone else hoping that Ashley Westwood actually start CK Vineeth this time? Vineeth looked so good coming off the bench against Mumbai and even though his eye for goal has not been great this season he has at least looked great on the wing... much better than other Indian wingers like Gabriel Fernandes and Victorino Fernandes in my opinion.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    No way Vineeth shud or will start for BFC.
    Beikhokhei is top assist in I-League and probably responsible for 50% of BFC goals.
    Vineeth can't defend either, did nothing against Rangdajied when he came on.

As for better wingers in Indian football...Boithang Haokip of Lajong has done enough to get a anational team call up...at least should be on standby.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2014
    This round we will witness what you call "Chotta Derby" between Mohammedan Sporting and Mohun Bagan. It is vital for both the teams to secure a victory as Rangdajied is making a comeback and will no longer be at the bottom. Bangalore FC faces a tough opponent in Churchill Brothers and they will go all out for a victory as after this game, Bangalore FC has atleast 5 away games and their away performance is poor. Their title hopes will face a jolt if they fail to win against Churchill brothers. I hope that Pune FC and Salgaocar rise further in Points Table and pile on more pressure on Bangalore FC. This season has been so close that it will be cruel for a team to be relegated.

It is going to become hectic for some players from Pune Fc, churchill Brothers as they have National team game on 5th, then I-League game on 8th and then AFC Cup on 11th and 12th of March.
    No way Vineeth shud or will start for BFC.
    Beikhokhei is top assist in I-League and probably responsible for 50% of BFC goals.
    Vineeth can't defend either, did nothing against Rangdajied when he came on.

As for better wingers in Indian football...Boithang Haokip of Lajong has done enough to get a anational team call up...at least should be on standby.
    Based on that I am just going to say that it should be "No way Vineeth will start" instead of "should not". He should. His defensive abilities are not great, nor is any other wingers in the I-League, but he did make a dramtic difference whenever he played for both United and Bengaluru FC [against Mumbai].

Boithang I have not seen enough of at all... thanks to the fact that Shillong is never on bloody TV!
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited March 2014

Telecast Schedule for Round 20 or shall we say Match Day 20:-

Saturday (8th March)   Bengaluru FC v Churchill Brothers SC  16-00 h

Saturday (8th March)   Dempo SC v Sporting Clube de Goa    18-00 h 

Mohammedan SC v Mohun Bagan match was supposed to be telecast on 9th of March but because of preponement, it will not be telecast now. Let us see if either of the 2 matches is shown on 9th of March.

• wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    BFC vs CB will be interesting clash. Particularly after the result against RUFC
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Daniel Zeleny on the bench again for todays game..
    CHURCHILL line-up:
    Arindham
    Franco Ravanan Balmuchu Yumnam
    Thangjam Lenny Shabana Bineesh
    Balwant Wolfe