2014-15 I-League Round 7: How is Royal Wahingdoh still on top!?

ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
edited February 2015 in I-League 2014-15
Bloody hell... I mean that title. We have now played six rounds and still, Royal Wahingdoh still remain on top. Now, if this was the Premier League where we play 38 games or the Bundesliga where they play 34 games or the old I-League with 26 games I would say that eventually they will fall but we only got like 13-14 games left this season!

Well, either way, we will see this round whether they are legit or not as they will start the round against home-champions Mumbai FC! Mumbai FC have so far played twice at home and have drawn and won at the Cooperage Ground. Royal Wahingdoh meanwhile have won all three of their away games so far this season. This match, even though it's not featuring the flashiest teams, will still be one to watch on Friday. At the same time though we have another match with Mohun Bagan taking on the reigning champions Bengaluru FC at the Salt Lake Stadium. Mohun Bagan have never beaten Bengaluru FC. Their first encounter was actually Bengaluru FC's first ever game in their history at the Bangalore Football Stadium; a 1-1 draw, before Bengaluru FC won 2-0 at Bagan. Can Bagan break their duck against Bengaluru FC in the I-League?

Saturday will see the early game be between Dempo and Shillong Lajong. Shillong Lajong will be looking to fix a season that has been very mediocre so far. Only 1 win in their first five games leaves them in 9th place and currently they have lost the last three games, all away from home. Dempo meanwhile have been different. They to have only won once but instead of losses, they have drawn a lot of games. All these draws though have come away from home. In their one home match they defeated Sporting Goa 3-0 so the odds will be heavily against Shillong Lajong here.

In the night game we will see Pune take on Sporting Goa. Pune currently sit in 2nd place and could go top of the table with a victory depending on how Royal Wahingdoh do on Friday. Sporting Goa will be hoping meanwhile to finally get their first ever victory this season.

Finally, we end the round on Sunday with Bharat FC hosting Salgaocar. Currently sitting in 4th place, Salgaocar will try to come back after losing their last match 3-0 to Mumbai in Mumbai. Bharat FC will be looking for their first ever victory in their history!

East Bengal, most likely under a new coach, are on a bye week.

Matches:
Friday, 20 February 2015:
- Mohun Bagan vs. Bengaluru FC (19:00; Salt Lake Stadium).
- Mumbai vs. Royal Wahingdoh (19:00; Cooperage Ground).

Saturday; 21 February 2015:
- Dempo vs. Shillong Lajong (16:30; Fatorda Stadium).
- Pune vs. Sporting Goa (19:00; Balewadi Sports Complex).

Sunday; 22 February 2015:
- Bharat FC vs. Salgaocar (19:00; Balewadi Sports Complex).

Bye: East Bengal.
munna219777

Comments