I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
edited August 2013 in I-League 2013-14
Discuss the player transfer news, rumours and views. Mohun Bagan Player transfers, East Bengal player transfers 2013-14, Dempo, Churchill Brothers, Pune FC, Shillong Lajong transfers etc

According to XTRA TIME Odafa have already agreed to stay with MB for atleast 1 more season only if MB stay in I-league and he will also get an 10% extra salary.

Comments

• How has he deserved that extra money. He has been in India for how many years? What has he done? What has he brought to the table?

In any other league he would not be making anywhere near a crore. No wonder we must have a salary cap if these are the salaries given out. Although I am not surprised at all, this is Mohun Bagan of course.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > that was sarcastic comment by me

I know that. I know you are better than that :)
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

This is the worst thing in Indian football. Even before the season ends we have clubs approaching players.

Katsumi Yusa will be a good buy for any top club. Bilal almost certain to be at CB.

Players who should be dumped outright:
    Koko Sakibo, Ryuji Seoka, Luciano Sabrosa, Joshimar, OJ Obatola, Lamine Tamba, James Moga, Chika Wali, Penn Orji, Quinton Jacobs, MB defender.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Katsumi Yusa heading to Kolkata, as the deal isn't confirmed yet, I won't name the club.
    Eric Brown also moving out of Maharashtra

Ryuji Seoka most likely to re-unite with Karim.
    Hope the salary cap comes into play as we have to avoid crazy fees like 1Cr for Gouramangi or 75Laks for Letser Fernandez at Prayag.
    Or the outragous 90laks for 2 seasons for Xavier Vijay Kumar at Churchill .

I'm not against good players earning a decent living , but someone at clubs shud be tracking the games played !

Even smaller clubs have wasted money on players like Govin Singh (38Laks for 2 games played !)

That's why the J-League system of having contracts linked to appearances is a way forward. Half the folks here don't understand the full meaning of a salary cap system. Despite the obvious black money payments that could happen, it is still a good way to value players. The top money leagues in the world , NBA, NFL ,IPL and now even UEFA's fair play are considering similiar measures.

So it isn't that we are aiming to copy only MLS, J-League, A-League models, its a direction taken by most financially succesful leagues.

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Transfer Rumor -

Its Been Heard That Mohun Bagan Officials have extended the contract Of Odafa Onyeka Okolie For One More Sesaon & They are Going to Leave Tolgay Ozbeyat the end of this season.

Meanwhile, East Bengal May release Trevor James Morgan if East Bengal can't win this edition's I-League & Trevor James Morgan had an Offer From a Top Club in S-League (Singap­ore).

• > Domnic said:
    > This is the worst thing in Indian football. Even before the season ends we have clubs approaching players.
    >
    > Katsumi Yusa will be a good buy for any top club. Bilal almost certain to be at CB.
    >
    > Players who should be dumped outright:
    > Koko Sakibo, Ryuji Seoka, Luciano Sabrosa, Joshimar, OJ Obatola, Lamine Tamba, James Moga, Chika Wali, Penn Orji, Quinton Jacobs, MB defender.

Why OJ? Because he is Nigerian? Unlike all the Nigerian's in the league he has the best profile by far with stints in the 2nd Division in America and he was a regular in Thailand and even Singapore. He is easily a keep as far as I am concerned.
    edited March 2013

I guess you have not watched him yet. The sitters that he misses could be scored by my grandmother. And its becoming an everygame story now. A foreign striker is expected to atleast finish the sitters.

• > Domnic said:
    > I guess you have not watched him yet. The sitters that he misses could be scored by my grandmother. And its becoming an everygame story now. A foreign striker is expected to atleast finish the sitters.

Give him time. That is common, even in the EPL.

This guy missed this sitter in MLS... he is now a normal player for Norwich in the EPL:

I am sure he has not missed such sitter in every game he played. I have seen OJ miss in every game he has played. Dont tell me you need to settle to score tap in.

• > Domnic said:
    > I am sure he has not missed such sitter in every game he played. I have seen OJ miss in every game he has played. Dont tell me you need to settle to score tap in.

Probably not but I doubt he is so bad that he will miss a chance every single game that my 9-year old brother can do.
This discussion has been closed.