Carefully hidden results of Indian women's team in AFC u19 qualifiers

rudrarudra 2958 Points
edited September 2013 in Women's Football
Opening this new thread after a friend of mine pointed out these results.<div><br></div><div>Indian women u19 team played AFC u19 qualifiers at the end of 2012.</div><div><br></div><div>It started well with India winning qualification round 1, against Bangladesh and Uzbekistan</div><div><br></div><div>India 1 - 0 Bangladesh</div><div>India 1 - 0 Uzbekistan</div><div><br></div><div>The started the trouble in round 2 (remember it is also a part of qualifiers)</div><div>India plays three games concedes 25 goals without scoring any!!! yes you saw that right 25 goals in 3 games</div><div><br></div><div>Chinese Taipei 7 - 0 India</div><div>Vietnam 10 - 0 India</div><div>Myanmar 8 - 0 India</div><div><br></div><div>Can we now agree the whole Indian women doing better than men is a myth? For women its the reverse East Asia is stronger than Middle East and Gulf..</div>

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Now AIFF has these reports but never circulated them in mails to mediapersons..and I have doubts whether these reports came in front page coz no one ever circulated  them...only round 1 reports can be seen in some blogs
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <h2 style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; font-size: 1.6em; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed'; color: rgb(1, 145, 174); line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><a href="http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/women/afc-u19-womens-championship/24935-perfect-10-for-vietnam.html"; style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(1, 145, 174);">Perfect 10 for Vietnam</a></h2><div><br></div><div><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Ho Chi Minh City: AFC U-19 Women's Championship 2013 qualification Round 2 hosts Vietnam kept alive their hopes for a place in the playoff match for next year's finals with an emphatic 10-0 win over India on Monday.</p><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Hat-tricks were scored by captain Pham Hai Yen (11th, 20th and 27th) and forward Nguyen Thi Hong (15th, 67th and 76th) while two girls grabbed two goals each namely Tran Thi Thao Nguyen (53rd and 60th) and the goal-scoring midfielder's 76th replacement Phan Thi Trang (80th and 88th).</p><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The win was Vietnam's first of the second round of qualifiers following their 2-1 opening match loss to Myanmar and the Group B hosts must now beat Chinese Taipei and hope that an India side that has shipped 17 goals in two games can defeat or draw against Myanmar in the final round of fixtures on Wednesday.</p><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Eight teams have been divided into two groups of four for the second round of qualifiers with the top two sides playing off against each other for a place in the finals of the 2013 AFC U-19 Women's Championship.</p></div>
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    thanks for sharing this Rudra..even I was shocked when I saw these results earlier..but frankly when the team lost so bad why wud AIFF circulate it all around
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    thanks for sharing this Rudra..even I was shocked when I saw these results earlier..but frankly when the team lost so bad why wud AIFF circulate it all around

It's their job to report the results be it bad or good.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Time for another article Rudra. This needs to be out there
  • i remeber this came  out on TOI if i am not mistaken...we got badly hammered<br>