NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

trojan said:
    FootballPakistan.Com reporting that pakistan FA will approach aiff for a bilateral series in pakistan on september 7 and 11 (both FIFA friendly dates)

Great news but will the clubs agree to release players ?? Maybe no

Only option available is to register Pailan (U-22) as India and play them.

• > ashindia said:
    > > trojan said:
    > > FootballPakistan.Com reporting that pakistan FA will approach aiff for a bilateral series in pakistan on september 7 and 11 (both FIFA friendly dates)
    >
    > Great news but will the clubs agree to release players ?? Maybe no
    >
    > Only option available is to register Pailan (U-22) as India and play them.
    >

There FIFA dates, clubs have no choice unless there is injury or player says no.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> ashindia said:
    > > trojan said:
    > > FootballPakistan.Com reporting that pakistan FA will approach aiff for a bilateral series in pakistan on september 7 and 11 (both FIFA friendly dates)
    >
    > Great news but will the clubs agree to release players ?? Maybe no
    >
    > Only option available is to register Pailan (U-22) as India and play them.
    >

Yes. The clubs are obliged to release players 1 day ahead of FIFA Match Day. So cannot hold camp but can play match
  • trojantrojan 371 Points

also wim said in an interview to sportskeeda that its important for India to play as many frindlies as possible on fifa friendly dates to improve its ranking. he's hopeful for organizing friendly(s) in October .

• > trojan said:
    > also wim said in an interview to sportskeeda that its important for India to play as many frindlies as possible on fifa friendly dates to improve its ranking. he's hopeful for organizing friendly(s) in October .

That is right before I-League... rather it be December so he has an early idea of the real India players.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

Robin Singh could be the "Virat Kohli" of Indian Football :)
    Everyone expected him to be the third choice striker after Manandeep n Sunil but he played well n awesome penalty .

Anyway waiting for @proj da's analysis

• > sparta said:
    > Robin Singh could be the "Virat Kohli" of Indian Football :)
    Everyone expected him to be the third choice striker after Manandeep n Sunil but he played well n awesome penalty .

Anyway waiting for @proj da's analysis

It was his best game but in 3 matches he was overall disappointing. Manandeep only played 1 match and that was also disappointing. I worry about both of them getting time at East Bengal. Also I hope Jeje gets back into the set-up. He is better than both Robin and Manandeep.
  • Guys I am relatively new to IFN..but last week has been so much fun..few months back after the afc challenge cup debacle, m sure there was so much frustration in every Indian football fan..and 6 months later- new u-22 coach, new td, new indian coach, new players new style and new spirit..maybe I am overplaying this but just get that feeling that things may start to move now..lots to do but a good step forward..have been following football for 10 years and indian football for few seasons..i must say today was something special..and to talk football with all IFN members just adds to it..there are enuf European club supporters but YOU all are really the guys who love the game and our country..hats-off to all of u..what a night...what a special night!! get goosebumps as I write..respect!!

• > Sunny07 said:
    > Guys I am relatively new to IFN..but last week has been so much fun..few months back after the afc challenge cup debacle, m sure there was so much frustration in every Indian football fan..and 6 months later- new u-22 coach, new td, new indian coach, new players new style and new spirit..maybe I am overplaying this but just get that feeling that things may start to move now..lots to do but a good step forward..have been following football for 10 years and indian football for few seasons..i must say today was something special..and to talk football with all IFN members just adds to it..there are enuf European club supporters but YOU all are really the guys who love the game and our country..hats-off to all of u..what a night...what a special night!! get goosebumps as I write..respect!!

Thanks mate, this victory is dedicated to all the Indian football fans, it is even better than the SAFF Cup and now myself am hopeful that Wim will choose better players like Lalkamal soon and maybe Jeje again during I-League. It can all happen.

Hope to see you posting again during Fed Cup and I-League... heck post all the time mate!
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

which player need a call up to national team