NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• frudoking wrote: »
    somesh 4:11PM QuoteLike
    1062.00 Karma

said:

BUT PATHETIC IS OUR SO CALLED
    MOST OF MEDIA WITHOUT KNOWING MUCH INSIDE STORY WILL TELL THESE IS
    CAMEROON' B TEAM OR U-23 TEAM BLA BLA!!!but really this Cameroon team is enough good for us!

1stly, there was no Africa Cup of Nations in 2011. It was 2010 and 2012. In 2011, they played the qualifiers. That was the time when Samuel eto'o along with other players led an agitation against the Cameroon FA and got suspended. The FA selected a new team. Needless to say, they failed to qualify. A team like Zambia whom they beat 5-2 and 3-2 just 2 years ago won the cup.

Do you really think, the star players would not turn up for Africa Cup of Nations? Its like saying Rooney would not turn up for England in EURO!! The fact is that the team they have selected for Nehru Cup is their 'A' team or 'B' team or whatever you call it. As I have mentioned in the article, the Cameroon FA itself calls it 'A' team which means its a second string team.

That their 'A; team will be superior to India is a different matter altogether

<b>I did not say it Africa Cup of Nations, i said it is African Nations Championship!! i think what you said "It was 2010 and 2012. In 2011, they played the qualifiers. That was the time when Samuel eto'o along with other players led an agitation against the Cameroon FA and got suspended. The FA selected a new team. Needless to say, they failed to qualify. A team like Zambia whom they beat 5-2 and 3-2 just 2 years ago won the cup." etc etc these all for "Africa Cup of Nations" not for "African Nations Championship".Due to unavailability of those players who play in European clubs mainly in this tournament(African Nations Championship) each participating nation was represented mostly by players who play in their respective local league... and on 2011 Cameroon was top in their group where other 3 teams were Congo DR,Côte d'Ivoire and Mali. They won every matches in group stage but in Qualification they lost to Angloa in PSO.</b>

Arsenalkid700 4:19PM QuoteLike
    614.50 Karma
    Listen, lets put it like this...

The players in the squad are the BEST in the Cameroonian league. That is it. Its Cameroon, just with no foreign based players. No Samuel, no Alex Song, no bloody Clovis Kamdjo (Barent FC - 4th Division England). It is just the best in Cameroon.

<b>EXACTLY DUDE 100% AGREE WITH U

!!!THIS IS PERHAPS CAMEROON BEST 30 FROM DOMESTIC LEAGUE WHO HAS PLAYED FOR CAMERRON IN DIFFERENT OCCASIONS !IN THIS TEAM THERE ARE COUPLE OF U-20 PLAYERS WHO PLAYED 2011 U-20 WORLD CUP!

YA MAY BE STAR PLAYERS LIKE SONG,ETO ETC ARE NOT IN THE SQUAD BUT THIS SQUAD IS EXACTLY NOT BAD RATHER INSERTING AND MUCH STRONG! </b>

bondye on fire.
  • frudokingfrudoking 0 Points
    edited August 2012
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -99999px;">\NEPAL SQUAD

Goalkeepers
    Kiran Chemzong (MTSC), Ritesh Thapa (NPC), Bikesh Kuthu (IMYA)

Defenders
    Sagar Thapa (Friends Club), Sandip Rai (MTSC), Rohit Chand (HAL, India),
    Biraj Maharjan (MTSC), Sabindra Shrestha (LH MMC), Bikash Singh Chhetri
    (LH MMC)

Midfielders
    Raju Tamang(Nepal Army Club), Nirajan Khadka (Friends Club), Bhola
    Silwal (NPC), Rupesh KC (YHSC), Jagjeet Shrestha (Friends Club), Bijaya
    Gurung, Anil Ojha (MTSC)

Forwards
    Jumanu Rai (NPC), Santosh Sahukhala (MTSC), Anil Gurung (LH MMC), Bharat
    Khawas, Sujal Shrestha (LH MMC)

Officials
    Krishna Thapa (Head Coach), Hari Khadka (Assistant Coach), Upendra Man
    Singh (Goalkeeping Coach), Dejib Thapa (Physio)<br><br> Read more at <a href="http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/12/nepal-announces-21-member-nehru-cup-squad/">http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/12/nepal-announces-21-member-nehru-cup-squad/</a><br>Reproduction
    in any media, publication and/or social media (e.g. Facebook) without
    giving proper credit to www.chrispd.de is prohibited!<br>Copyright © Chris Punnakkattu Daniel | www.chrispd.de</div>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    Indian NT to play friendly against Pailan Arrows on 18 Aug..
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Any news on sunil chhetri when he will join the team?
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    <br>
    ajmal wrote: »

<br><br>wow is that the best AIFF can do for us?<br>
  • INSTEAD OF FRIENDLY  INTERNATIONAL !! :D<br>
  • ajmal wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Excellent news. That is basically India U23 vs. India Seniors. Papas vs. Wim. Probably the future coach of the Indian national team getting a taste of playing them first. ;)</div>
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Can anyone pls tell me the time and venue of the practice match..I will try and catch it
  • Ronny wrote: »
    Can anyone pls tell me the time and venue of the practice match..I will try and catch it

<br><br>i think most probably it will be at 'jaypee greens,greater noida'...... not sure though<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    what would be the NT score against Palians arrows?.. 3-1 me thinks<br>