NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• ajmal wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>OMG YES! YES! YEEYEYEYEYEYHILLO:Wu YES! Lets hope this could mean I-League soon. TEN Action have been filling up there schedule so will they have enough to do I-League?</div>
  • <h1 class="entry-title" style="font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 28px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 33px; margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 5px 0px 0px; outline: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Nehru Cup : Revisiting A Glorious Period Of Indian Football</h1><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Bilardo’ words indeed indicate the importance that was attached with Nehru Cup in those days. In 2007 when the Nehru Cup was re-started after a ten year long absence, it was indeed a positive step for the football in the country. Nehru Cup, India ‘s premier football event, had been started in 1982 with an aim to give football fans a taste of international football and also give the national team a chance to play with the world’s best. Sadly, with the sport declining, the event stopped in 1997. The star attraction this time would be Cameroon football team after the AIFF managed to convince them to play.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Full Article: </b>http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/nehru-cup-revisiting-indian-footballs-glorious-past/</font></div>;
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Wangsa wrote: »
    It is very sad that still no media has highlighted about Nehru cup 2012. Just one week left man. We are two time champ. At least respect some for this tournament from the medias print as well as electronic. I am just fuckn upset the way they have been treating Indian football. Need to learn something from even NEPALI MEDIAS or Maldives medias...huh!

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well you have to admit that the product is poor. Number one there is no reason to play Nehru Cup (mainly for the opponents of India). You just come in, win or lose and done. There is no history that will come of it. Back in the 80s when the Soviet Union came and Argentina came with Maradona, that was history but today you wont see that and by the time India gets to the level or even close (more likely) to Argentina. Expect the Nehru Cup to be completely different (FIFA match days etc). Number two the teams. Cameroon is great but its the "B" team and while we all know that it will be tough and that India could lose 4-0, the media dont. The media probably think that when India play a Cameroon "B" we shall win. Then you have Syria, Nepal, and Maldives. They wont draw media. They wont be enough.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But you know what, who cares. This does not mean that we should try to increase media hype, that comes later, we need to increase our ranking back to the 150s and if we can lose to Cameroon and win against Syria, Nepal, and Maldives and then lose again to Cameroon in the Final then I am sure we will be up there again. Media comes later, proper games against proper opponents first.</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <h1 class="posttitle" style="font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 32px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 36px; margin: 1px 0px 6px; padding: 1px 0px 0px; color: rgb(207, 94, 10); text-transform: capitalize; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Nehru Cup 2012: Cameroon Team Visiting India Won’t Be ‘Exciting’</h1><div style="font-weight: normal; "><div><span style="font-size: small; ">.</span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Full Article: </b><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2012/08/11/nehru-cup-2012-cameroon-team-visiting-india-wont-be-exciting/</font></div><div><hr style="font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial"><b>Everyone should read it. Its by some unknown writer who probably just got into football but he nailed it :p</b></font></div>
    <div><br></div><div>The unknown writer part is meant as a joke I think :)</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <span style="font-size: small; "> Argentina came with Maradona, <br></span>

<br><div><br></div><div>Maradona came?</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <h1 style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Nehru Cup is a key tournament to radically restructure and popularize football in India - IMG-Reliance COO Ashu Jindal</h1><div><br></div><div><a href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/08/14/3305881/nehru-cup-is-a-key-tournament-to-radically-restructure-and">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/08/14/3305881/nehru-cup-is-a-key-tournament-to-radically-restructure-and</a>;
    </div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Wangsa wrote: »
    It is very sad that still no media has highlighted about Nehru cup 2012. Just one week left man. We are two time champ. At least respect some for this tournament from the medias print as well as electronic. I am just fuckn upset the way they have been treating Indian football. Need to learn something from even NEPALI MEDIAS or Maldives medias...huh!

<br><div><br></div><div>The day when cameroon participation was confirmed the sports section of NDTV and CNN IBN did mentioned it ...but not big talks after that in these channels </div><div><br></div><div>Lets hope initial victories in nehru cup builds the interest among the public and media</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ajmal wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>OMG YES! YES! YEEYEYEYEYEYHILLO:Wu YES! Lets hope this could mean I-League soon. TEN Action have been filling up there schedule so will they have enough to do I-League?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>WE are the happiest among all i guess.....as we wanted NEO to try indian football products after their quality display of WSH</div><div><br></div><div>Hope i-league too goes to them as i think they could assure us some match analysis too </div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote: »
    </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "> Argentina came with Maradona, <br></span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Maradona came?</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I thought this happened...</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I will be honest I did not watch it yet. I was waiting till I wrote the 1984 Nehru Cup wikipedia article so I dont know if Maradona was there or not but I heard he was whenever someone mentions the match.</font></div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    ajmal wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>WE are the happiest among all i guess.....as we wanted NEO to try indian football products after their quality display of WSH</div><div><br></div><div>Hope i-league too goes to them as i think they could assure us some match analysis too </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Probably depends on ratings etc. I am excited to see how they will do football. </div>