NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> ilsgautam said:
    > GUYS NONE OF THE MATCHES AGAINST CAMEROON IS BEING CONSIDERED OFFICIAL. CHECK OUT THEIR FIXTURES 

yes  Cameroon fixtures are removed now...it was there a few hours back.. bit of a setback for ranking points

• I think it is fair to guess that Cameroon's football federation saw that these matches counted and thought that if they were to lose even 1 match that there ranking would fall a lot so they told FIFA to take them out. Sad. Was hoping to create a few Cameroonian wikipedia pages but I cant if these are not real Cameroon matches.

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

I think we stand some chance now against cameroon

lets hope syria can do some damage to them

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

This ranking system is screwed up. We can beat more teams than the amount of points we get. It's not even I point per win. Pathetic. 

But honestly the ranking system is just a matter of pride and is not really that accurate in my opinion.
    Syria are way better than 147 and of course the current Indian team should really be in the 130s range. Qualifying for the world cup is not totally determined by these points and if we can get some good wins in the next qualifiers as well as win the next AFC cup then we can be in the top half of 150,
  • > Terp13 said:
    > This ranking system is screwed up. We can beat more teams than the amount of points we get. It's not even I point per win. Pathetic. 

But honestly the ranking system is just a matter of pride and is not really that accurate in my opinion.
    Syria are way better than 147 and of course the current Indian team should really be in the 130s range. Qualifying for the world cup is not totally determined by these points and if we can get some good wins in the next qualifiers as well as win the next AFC cup then we can be in the top half of 150,

Oh easy mate. If we are not over 150 by the beginning of 2013 I would be surprised.
  • We have a game on our cards against Maldives, especially with Mohd Arif back in the eleven. I remember the hungarian coach not field him in the SAFF semis allowing India to get away with a win easily. It won't be that easy this time. Although Ali Ashfaq steals all the limelight being a striker, Arif is their key man, with all his yeoman service, helping out both in defence and offence.

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

> projenator said:
    > We have a game on our cards against Maldives, especially with Mohd Arif back in the eleven. I remember the hungarian coach not field him in the SAFF semis allowing India to get away with a win easily. It won't be that easy this time. Although Ali Ashfaq steals all the limelight being a striker, Arif is their key man, with all his yeoman service, helping out both in defence and offence.

Arif may be good but its not that since he wasnt fielded against India so India got the easy win..come on!

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Offtopic:Guys check out Wellington Phoenix FB page..some good pics and they are taking India tour pretty seriously..its a matter of pride for us and I hope the North east clubs do well

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

The above player stat snapshot is an attempt, not 100% accurate but definitely a fair representation. If folks are surprised by Nirmal and Nabi's  UFMps number, it's due to the aimless long balls they played until then, in fact Nirmal kept on doing that through out the game while Nabi stopped after the break. For a team predominantly playing a passing game, if a long ball goes out or to an opponent defender, I note it as an unforced mispass in my stat diary.

Also misdirected headers from defenders which result into a corner for the opponent is counted as a FMps.

TBSAtmpt, TBSSucc does not reflect the snatches made by players other than the defenders well. The bad camera setup from afar did not help at all, very difficult to note the player quickly. I could do this in the Mohammedan vs Port trust game a couple hours before since the camera setup allowed clear visibility of the players.