NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• Glossary of Terms (since it's not entirely visible in the image)
    FMps means Forced mispass, wherein the player had to mispass under pressure, primarily from opponent players
    UFMps means Unforced mispass wherein the player mispassed under no pressure whatsoever. This number is very crucial towards understanding player performance, more so if the team formation is predominantly passing game keeping ball on the ground.
    TBSAtmpt means Tackling/Blocking/Snatching attempts, gives a measure as to whether a player is at least trying to get involved in defensive duties. Understandably players in offence will have relatively smaller numbers compared to players with defensive duties.
    TBSSucc means successful TBSAtmpt
    SHAtmpt means Shooting/heading attempts
    SHSucc means successful    SHAtmpt

• MAY BE CAMEROON HAS COME WITH THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUE PLAYERS BUT THERE IS NO CHANCE TO UNDERESTIMATE THEM A BIT! THIS CAMEROON
    SIDE CONSIST OF THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUE BEST PLAYERS!SOME U-23 PLAYERS!
    REMEMBER WHAT ZAMBIA DID,YA THAT WAS SAVIO'S TIME.BUT I THINK THEY WILL
    TAKE OUR REAL EXAM!!!IT MUST BE REALLY TOUGH MATCH!EAGERLY WAITING FOR TODAY"S MATCH!
    hope frm this Cameroon side some of their players can create interest among  i-league clubs!  :P

• sabirsabir 46 Points

I am still worried about the defence. Raju is not consistent; not full in confidence. Gourmangi is just a shadow of his past; his marking and leadership capability (to his younger partners) can be put under question. Nirmal is nothing extraordinary and makes a lot of mispasses and misdirected crosses. Nabi is more suitable as winger; it's a waste of his talent in left back. They  should have called Arnab Mondal, the most consistent defender last session. I highly doubt whether Gurjinder will be a good replacement for Raju. Next time they may have to think of Arnab and some guys from U22.

Hope Mehtab will play better if the ground is well, thus giving some solidity to defence. Despite the world class goal, I prefer Sanju over Anthony. Sanju was good till the rain started. Hs pace and dribbling can pose more threat to the opponent. Clifford did one goal line save and a good cross that won the match but rest of the time he was aimless and ball to him meant end of the attack. Want to see Alwyn instead of Francis who is more suitable in wing. Hope Robin and Manandeep will get atleast 20 minutes to prove their worth.

Subrata, Nirmal, Gourmangi

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

@sabir - i dont think that the coach should tinker so much with the team. I decision has been taken from watching all these players in camp. There are other factors like experience, pressure handling which comes in picture, Wim needs to be careful in  not putting up too many debutants and youngsters in the fray, he being a youth coach must be knowing that. Also the ground conditions etc., will also be crucial, we might need to play hoof ball in water logged conditions. In these cases Alwyn will be of no use, same for players like Sanju etc.

• i hope they change novy kapadia....he is annoying... i feel even CHIMA with his accent would be a good commentator than him.....he is TO THE POINT and never EXAGGERATES .... i remember his commentary when india drew with iraq 1-1 in olympic qualifiers in which 'tarif ahmed' (jewel's older bro) scored for india, he was funny but also spot on about the game...... novy is shit

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Novy Kapadia says Cameroon plays colourfull football with swing of the hips like their star Roger Milla
    :)) WTF is that

Wow Cameroon team is very quick,skillfull and more physical than even Syria...they can easily outmuscle our players like francis,lenny,alwyn,jewel,anthony etc who have no physique at all..all their mistakes so far have been due to the soggy pitch..they are a big threat on a dry turf

Super powerfull headed goal from cameroon..that guy was almost sitting and taking the header!!...this tam is like the Zambian team that came to thrash India