Mizoram Premier League

Comments

• Will they allow Mizoram Police in 2nd Division?Its a government organisation similar to ONGC.

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

Aizawl slowing picking up.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > Will they allow Mizoram Police in 2nd Division?Its a government organisation similar to ONGC.

Mizoram Police players will be loaned to either Aizawl FC or Dinthar FC for the 2nd Division.

similar to last season

I doubt very much that Luangmual or Kulikawn will take part in 2nd Division , although at last count almost 60 teams had shown interest in 2nd Division,
    The advice to Mizoram FA is to send 1 strong team, not dilute talent like in Meghalaya and then try to build on that success
  • Does Mizoram even have an AFC quality stadium?

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Ashlesh said:
    > > gaffertape said:
    > > >

I doubt very much that Luangmual or Kulikawn will take part in 2nd Division , although at last count almost 60 teams had shown interest in 2nd Division,
    The advice to Mizoram FA is to send 1 strong team, not dilute talent like in Meghalaya and then try to build on that success
    > >
    that sound promising 

i believe in quality more than quantity...
    i would be happy to see a 30 teams with better quality players than having a 60 team going with some less quality
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Mizoram have a new stadium , just outside Aizawl under construction ,  so that should fulfill the AFC criteria

As for the teams, I ONLY said 60 odd have put there papers in , only 24 will be accepted due to the logistics AND more importantly , over half these teams are like Green Valley.... no youth teams, no ground, no full time team , they just fudge the paper work and have a helpful State Association President who pushes the paper work through .

I wish the AIFF would take these teams and make them play in 4-5 tournaments throughout the year and track their local league performance , and call this the 3rd Division & apply a point based criteria for one of them to get into the 2nd Division.

There are some talented players out there for sure like Haokip in the Nagaland League, but Nagaland ground/stadiums are village level at best , and they have no youth development or proper coaches, contracts etc.
    Same issue with these pop-up Kerela teams , like Quartz, Malabar, Josco, Eaghles FC etc.
    KGF 'Academy' is a joke, just rebranding of PSU team BEML and South Utd  are a Mumbai based company lokkosports, http://www.lokkosports.co.in/#home
    trying to capitalize on the thought that Bangalore will get a direct spot. They don't even have a practice ground or any facilities.

We need quality teams , or you end up with teams getting hammered 6-0 in the 1st phase and teams that play them 1st have a huge advantage in racking up points & goal difference , before these teams realize & do defensive to limit damage.

In my opinion , 2nd Division should not have any foreign players
  • mizomizo 248 Points

Today's (23.01.2013) MPL Result:
    Aizawl FC 3 - 1 FC RS Annexe

Luangmual FC 0 - 0 Reitlang FC

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
  • > sparta said:
    > mpl points table ?

I am working on it.