Mumbai Tigers

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If Prayag were in the AFC Cup then I would bash them as well. I wish Prayag, Salgaocar, Dempo do great things in I-League and I will support them all the way but not during Asian competitions. I dont know, I just dont.</font><div><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for what would Dodsal bring. I agree that they would bring more to the table but when will it stop. When will we stop believing that these company clubs which so no representation to the city they play can just join up. If you want your company represented fine but do what a South Korean team and add Mumbai to the name. Not hard.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also another thing that pisses me off is that they are from Mumbai. Mumbai have a team, a team that has done more so far (mind you Dodsal have yet to start) but Mumbai is not a proven market. Again we are adding teams to markets which do not deserve more teams. Heck Mumbai might not deserve a team at all. That is my preference. I rather we expand the I-League to different markets and expand growth. These IPL ideas and this Dodsal is just silly and really just expanding the problem we face. </font></div>
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    silicon3 wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If only they changed there hideous name to Mumbai Dodsal United FC or maybe Mumbai City Dodsal FC like they do in South Korea then I would be cool with them. Till then... LETS GO DELHI UNITED AND AIZAWL FC FOR THE 2013 I-LEAGUE 2nd DIVISION!</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No I will not change my mind.</font></div>

<br><br>Would d name matter if Dodsal starts playing in AFC and winning..As long the gameplay is good and attractive d  name is secondary<br>

<br>Dempo used to sound like a strange,funny name few years back to anyone who was new to Indian football.now we all feel so comfortable with it :)<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    silicon3 wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If only they changed there hideous name to Mumbai Dodsal United FC or maybe Mumbai City Dodsal FC like they do in South Korea then I would be cool with them. Till then... LETS GO DELHI UNITED AND AIZAWL FC FOR THE 2013 I-LEAGUE 2nd DIVISION!</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No I will not change my mind.</font></div>

<br><br><br>thats my point..with success comes familiarity..<br>Would d name matter if Dodsal starts playing in AFC and winning..As long the gameplay is good and attractive d  name is secondary<br>

<br>Dempo used to sound like a strange,funny name few years back to anyone who was new to Indian football.now we all feel so comfortable with it :)<br>

<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If Prayag were in the AFC Cup then I would bash them as well. I wish Prayag, Salgaocar, Dempo do great things in I-League and I will support them all the way but not during Asian competitions. I dont know, I just dont.</font><div><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for what would Dodsal bring. I agree that they would bring more to the table but when will it stop. When will we stop believing that these company clubs which so no representation to the city they play can just join up. If you want your company represented fine but do what a South Korean team and add Mumbai to the name. Not hard.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also another thing that pisses me off is that they are from Mumbai. Mumbai have a team, a team that has done more so far (mind you Dodsal have yet to start) but Mumbai is not a proven market. Again we are adding teams to markets which do not deserve more teams. Heck Mumbai might not deserve a team at all. That is my preference. I rather we expand the I-League to different markets and expand growth. These IPL ideas and this Dodsal is just silly and really just expanding the problem we face. </font></div>

<br><br>so your problem is the because Prayag Dempo Salaocar are company names you hate/do not like them even in theory if they succeed at the Asian level..<br><br>BUT if they become Siliguri Prarag, Panjim Dempo  or Margao Salgaocar then you are fine with it?...<br><br>I agree with your point expand the I-league, but if corporates want to enter the I-league will u stop them???.. more corporates enter the league its growth..Its then Up to the AIFF to make the League financially viable so that more and more teams/corporates get attracted to the game.<br><br>We cant blame a Corporate for showing interest to get into the current I-league ( despite the horrible financial state of the league )..more corporates mean more exposure more media, more tv , more newspaper exposure ,  more pressure on the aiff to improve things, more infrastructure development.. THEN definitely we will see City based clubs comming up and fighting for a place..<br><br>Dodsal Fc is doing its bit in a bad situation, i feel it should be a cause for a celebration especially when JCT & Mahindra have dropped out.. JCT basically indirectly represented Punjab and chandigarh , While Mahindra represented Mumbai..<br><br>For Me it thumbs up for Dodsal FC entry into teh league...later on i am sure even they will be open to Associating themselves with a city or region  & a name change to boost support or improve fan base..<br><br><br>
  • Basically yes. I dont know, maybe it is because of the way I support teams in England and America. I mean look at Arsenal, they have tradition and a valiant reason for the name, thus why I am also in good hands with East Bengal and Mohun Bagan.<div><br></div><div>I just dont like companies however. I just dont and we can talk about the success of Dempo etc but really. Fatorda is 27,300 and yet around 10,000 is filled constantly, not even. Yes you can come back at me with Pune FC but they are growing each season with there initiatives (the fun of being a 5 year old club). Dempo, Salgaocar etc had all those years. Sporting will have more fans soon, Sporting only came in 1999 and thank god. Also did JCT and Mahindra ever get a crowd, barely. Look at United Sikkim (Uro) who get 30,000. Shillong who get 30,000. I am sure at company they would get a crowd still but at least the fans can represent there club with pride. I remember being on a USFC FB group and hearing all the fans disappointed because of URO but then they saw it was only URO United Sikkim FC and they were back because Sikkim was still there, not some company.</div><div><br></div><div>That is why I wanted Dempo to change. I feel a better community feeling would come from it. Panjim Dempo SC could have been a success. </div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    call me pessimist or whatever...<div><br></div><div>The day when i started following indian football was the day when i read an article about newly started club dreaming to win national league and bring back glory days of mumbai back...and presently called as mumbai fc, <span style="font-size: 10pt; ">which makes me to wait and watch to see how this club makes it up....but even if they end up winning champions league or whatever i will still be supporting mumbai fc as that is the name of my favourite city in the world</span></div><div><br></div><div>Dodsal fc hope you fulfil your promise and if you dont wish to change your name at least play in the city which dont have i-league city .....</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <h1 class="singlePageTitle" style="margin: 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 30px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(205, 23, 19); font-weight: normal !important; line-height: 1em; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', arial, sans-serif !important; letter-spacing: -2px; ">Dodsal FC – Money Is Finally Getting Pumped Into Indian Footbal</h1><div><br></div><div>By Sachin Madaan</div><div><br></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">It seems that the national and international business tycoons have finally risen up to Indian sports market and have acknowledged the potential which it offers. Joining the ranks of UB Group and Prayag Group is the Dubai based multibillion dollar enterprise Dodsal group owned by Rajen Arvind Kilachand, who launched their own football club -Dodsal FC, earlier this year. The football club will be based in Mumbai and has already registered themselves with Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) as well as the Western India Football Association (WIFA).</span>
    </div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Read full article : </span><a href="http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/dodsal-fc-money-is-finally-getting-pumped-into-indian-football/"; style="font-size: 10pt; ">http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/dodsal-fc-money-is-finally-getting-pumped-into-indian-football/</a></div>;
  • rudra wrote: »
    <h1 class="singlePageTitle" style="margin: 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 30px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(205, 23, 19); font-weight: normal !important; line-height: 1em; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', arial, sans-serif !important; letter-spacing: -2px; ">Dodsal FC – Money Is Finally Getting Pumped Into Indian Footbal</h1><div><br></div><div>By Sachin Madaan</div><div><br></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">It seems that the national and international business tycoons have finally risen up to Indian sports market and have acknowledged the potential which it offers. Joining the ranks of UB Group and Prayag Group is the Dubai based multibillion dollar enterprise Dodsal group owned by Rajen Arvind Kilachand, who launched their own football club -Dodsal FC, earlier this year. The football club will be based in Mumbai and has already registered themselves with Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) as well as the Western India Football Association (WIFA).</span>
    </div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 17px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Read full article : </span><a href="http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/dodsal-fc-money-is-finally-getting-pumped-into-indian-football/"; style="font-size: 10pt; ">http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/dodsal-fc-money-is-finally-getting-pumped-into-indian-football/</a></div>;

<br><br>agreed but what about the returns..<br>
  • Again, someone let me be an agent. I am 2 for 3 now with only Ben Haim not coming to India.

Anyway, I call bullshi*...

Seems to be that he is on his way to West Ham. Dodsal probably enquired but depends on how West Ham does for him.