Mumbai Tigers

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> kshitij USFC said:
    > > Arsenalkid700
    > > Mumbai FC is a much better team than Dodsal SC.
    >
    > mumbai fc is useless hope they relegate only if n when dodsal include mumbai in their name.

Why not both clubs get merged with the stability on pitch being coming from mumbai fc(as seen in past seasons by able to survive for last few seasons) and activity off the field and positive approach from dodsal fc.....more on lines of what clubs in europe as also did for the survival 
    we could well get one invincible club from mumbai dominating national football.....

But it is all dream which is long away from reality hopefully it is achieved[-O<
  • That is my dream as well. I would rather Mumbai FC and Dodsal combine (would allow Dodsal to get into I-League faster as well) and I you can still add the name Dodsal in there (Dodsal Mumbai FC) and almost everything is set, they have a logo, they have the players, they have the stadium and website along with other promotions, why not?

I also wanted a Mumbai FC and PIFA FC merger but at Academy level. Mumbai would just pay some money to PIFA to fund the Academy and insure better results.
  • i think dodsal are far to proudy and ambitious to even try and think of merging....they want to 'win big in asia' while mumbai fc think of 'how to survive relegation every yr'...... the name 'mumbai' makes no difference to people here......here in mumbai, non followers of indian football still think that MAHINDRA UTD is still active and some of them havent heard of MUMBAI FC.....believe it or not this is a FACT...... mumbai fc havent made any effort to connect or make new fans here....so itz better for dodsal to ride alone!

• I dont care, everytime I think of the name Dodsal I think of engineers and construction more than football. 

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

i think dodsal fc with few big names can make impact

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I cant think of a single good player that came out of PIFA and made a name for himself. Why would anyone tie up with them!

• Dodsal + Mumbai FC + PIFA can become the first ever super club of India. Mumbai FC has the name and platform, while Dodsal have the everlasting green bucks, with a well known local academy PIFA (Dodsal can provide world class coaching staffs to the academy, as they already have other important needs like standard football and training pitches and seasonal exposure trips). Would be the first and best thing to happen in Indian club football, if getting merged!!

• > somesh said:
    > I cant think of a single good player that came out of PIFA and made a name for himself. Why would anyone tie up with them!

Locals but all they need is a little push and a Dodsal and Mumbai + PIFA merge would do just that.
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    edited September 2012

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > somesh said:
    > > I cant think of a single good player that came out of PIFA and made a name for himself. Why would anyone tie up with them!
    >
    >

Locals but all they need is a little push and a Dodsal and Mumbai + PIFA merge would do just that.

not gonna happen.period
     :-P

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > i think dodsal are far to proudy and ambitious to even try and think of merging....they want to 'win big in asia' while mumbai fc think of 'how to survive relegation every yr'...... the name 'mumbai' makes no difference to people here......here in mumbai, non followers of indian football still think that MAHINDRA UTD is still active and some of them havent heard of MUMBAI FC.....believe it or not this is a FACT...... mumbai fc havent made any effort to connect or make new fans here....so itz better for dodsal to ride alone!

True state of mumbai fc ....but i cant blame them because they are not able to do marketing since they have spend most of their season out of mumbai so that might have halted them from marketing the club.....this season should be the one for us to decide how good are mumbai fc commited in getting themselves good position in football of india and fans among mumbai