Official India Women's Football News

Comments

• Why not. Look at where India is. Women's football is unheard of. Many of these girls either started playing football in their late teens or play it in spear time along with a 2nd job... or both. 

The Dutch girls at least are fully trained, and are obviously older than what you say they are. I doubt a fully-grown early 20s/late teens looking Dutch girl can look 15-17 years old.

Also look at the words you used... talent team. Obviously this is a great side that the Dutch FA brought over that has played the game at a young age and have gotten great training in a great environment.

No matter what. This was a HUGE step for the women and the fact that 20,000 came out to support just goes on to increase that amazing witnessed today.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Why not. Look at where India is. Women's football is unheard of. Many of these girls either started playing football in their late teens or play it in spear time along with a 2nd job... or both. 

The Dutch girls at least are fully trained, and are obviously older than what you say they are. I doubt a fully-grown early 20s/late teens looking Dutch girl can look 15-17 years old.

Also look at the words you used... talent team. Obviously this is a great side that the Dutch FA brought over that has played the game at a young age and have gotten great training in a great environment.

No matter what. This was a HUGE step for the women and the fact that 20,000 came out to support just goes on to increase that amazing witnessed today.

@mcruic is probably one of the most knowledgeable person when it comes to women's football. I was actually waiting for long for his comments. I am inclined to believe what he says about the dutch team age and other info
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points

Anyways our Dutch connection is helping us get exposure

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Ronny said:
    > Anyways our Dutch connection is helping us get exposure

Yeah.atleast they are playing some matches now.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Netherlands Women’s Team Coach Maria van Kortenhot was candid enough to admit that Indian Womens Team matched them move for move.

http://www.indiablooms.com/SportsDetailsPage/2013/sportsDetails180113b.php

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Long time @mcruic !

We have to believe what he says about women's football.

The Duch Womens "U23" team is a mixture of U23 national players and U15 or U19 academey players. The entire team isn't the national U23 squad.

• Are their sources? I am willing to believe that the pictures were of U23 girls but without the younger ones in it.

Arsenalkid700
    Are their sources? I am willing to believe that the pictures were of U23 girls but without the younger ones in it.

I asked this to few people in twitter who know and follow indian womens football and one former india womens player.