Official India Women's Football News

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > There has to be a few players over 19 on this team. Come on.

Anyway... that India jersey looks awesome!!!

do you know how many girls came with the squad? coz the website says 25 of them from 15-19!!!! rest, if any pprobably are more! Dont go by physical presence, because Dutch are one of the tallest people in the planet, I got a couple of friends
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

Most disgraceful media release by AIFF ever. I am copying some parts.

Indian Women create history, beat the Dutch
    Incredible scenes engulfed the Father Agnel Sports Complex in Navi Mumbai on Sunday (January, 20) as the Indian Women created history. They defeated the mighty Netherlands in the second of the two International Friendlies by a solitary goal.

the SAFF Cup Champions beat all the odds to master the 14th ranked Dutch team, and level the two-match Friendly, 1-1.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

the above report is a LIE because it says "....master the 14th ranked Dutch team" thats a blatant lie

• > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > There has to be a few players over 19 on this team. Come on.

Anyway... that India jersey looks awesome!!!

>
    >

do you know how many girls came with the squad? coz the website says 25 of them from 15-19!!!! rest, if any pprobably are more! Dont go by physical presence, because Dutch are one of the tallest people in the planet, I got a couple of friends

It just makes this win seem artificial.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@rudra & @Arsenalkid700 you both talked a lot about how aiff and others misleading people and how this duch team is not even a u23 team. all is well but didn't our womens team deserved more comments about their performence???

#justasking

• > Joyptan said:
    > @rudra & @Arsenalkid700 you both talked a lot about how aiff and others misleading people and how this duch team is not even a u23 team. all is well but didn't our womens team deserved more comments about their performence???
    >
    > #justasking

We are not taking anything away from the performance but look at it like this.

When India play Nepal again people will expect us to destroy them 15-0 instead of the usual 3-0 that we get when we play Nepal. At least get the truth out there so fans can understand that while this was a young Dutch side this still shows that women's football is developing in India. 
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

hi all I was to the match and I can confirm that it was a club team or academy team from netherlands as even the commentator introduced them as " select team from dutch" but wow you have to look at their players ... before them our girls were looking like a youth team....
    but have to say we deserved to win with our 1st half dominance 2nd half was more or less of same level and their forwads were really poor I didn't understand how we conceded 2 goals in early match...

overall a worthy time for me too our girls win over a abroad club.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > @rudra & @Arsenalkid700 you both talked a lot about how aiff and others misleading people and how this duch team is not even a u23 team. all is well but didn't our womens team deserved more comments about their performence???
    >
    > #justasking

exactly because AIFF has actively lying to us, any sweetness for me regarding this victory has turned bitter...Its not nice being lied to..and in this case this is huge...I hope Dutch FA sues AIFF (techinically AIFF made a statement that we have beaten the rank 14 team, I know Dutch FA hardly cares about this)

and performance...our senior team plays against 15-19 yr old girls from Holland, loses a game, wins one and we are expected to go gaga over it? Just because these girls are from Holland? Even if we need to do that, everyone's already doing it...its everyywhere how Indian women rocks after defeating one of the finest in the world...only a couple of us are talking about the truth  here and I am glad that IFNF is doing that
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

however worthy the performance maybe, the fact that AIFF spread lies is not cool...I want dig deeper more...I would like to know how many of these girls have actually played for holland official teams at any age group

• @Rudra Considering the circumstances... IE these girls from the Netherlands are trained like professionals by professional coaches from the age of 8 while our girls are still amateurs who started playing full football at 18 probably. This victory shows that we are going in the right direction with our women's games in terms of where we are in the FIFA Rankings. Yes it was not the Dutch U23s as stated but this was still a great game for us and hopefully a stepping stone.