2012 Federation Cup

Comments

• great results 4 PA n SLFC.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

Arrows squad and substitute in Federation Cup match vs Dempo. (The info in Kolkatafootballs.com has one error, this is from authentic source)
    Soram Poirei, Shouvik, Deepak Devrani, Prabir Das (sub - Prathamesh), Pritam Kotal, Milan Singh, Pronoy Halder, Avinabo Bag (sub - Shyju Mon), Rajinder Kumar, Alwyn (sub - Ganeshan), Holicharan.

• What about tomorrow's telecast

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

I have a feeling Arthur Papas will give us another potential Indian team striker from Arrows and that guy is Holicharan..he scores few but scores good striker like goals..In my opinion he can be better than Manandeep..needs to work on his physique though..

• Wow. 1-1 to the I-League champions. Life after Ranty Martins for Dempo. Of course no Ricketts and whoever is the other guy but they need to regroup now. Pailan have the bigger moral.

• Match Report: Spirited Pailan
    Arrows Hold Heavyweights
    Dempo

Take a bow Arthur Papas and his boys in white called the Pailan Arrows. Not only did they hold five-time National League champions Dempo to a pulsating 1-1 draw, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) developmental side matched their highly rated opponents move by move.

The All India Football Federation (AIFF) developmental side looked the more enterprising in the first half. The understanding between Alwyn George and Milan Singh in the middle of the park was outstanding to say the least. The duo played some wonderful one twos between them and on one occasion Alwyn almost broke free to score. An alert Subhashish Roy Choudhury came to the rescue for the I- League champions. In goal, Soren Porei Angamba made a brilliant fingertip save to deny Dempo new recruit Ryuji Sueoka in the 35th minute. The ricocheting ball hit the horizontal.

Arrows got their reward in the 52nd minute through Holicharan Narzary who placed the ball beautifully from an acute angle after Milan Singh had set him up inside the box. The I-league champions replaced Japanese new recruit Ryuji Sueoka with Koko Sakibo immediately after conceding the goal. A Clifford Miranda brilliance got them level pegging in the 60th minute. The Goan cut past his marker and controlled the ball expertly to slot home a well placed left-footer.

But Arrows did not give up. Holicharan was unlucky not to have scored his second in the 65th minute when his shot struck the crosspiece. Head Coach Arthur Papas said: “The match was a big challenge for us, playing against the I-League champions. I am glad that we played well. This result will give us a lot of confidence.”

• Match Report: Friday's Last Minute
    Goal Earns Lajong Full Points

Shillong Lajong Football Club carried its excellent home form into the Federation Cup, grabbing a last minute winner against Mumbai FC in the tournament opener, which was played at the Keenan Stadium in Jamshedpur.

The Reds were in red hot form right throughout the game , and from the start of the match ,it seemed that the historic Super Series win at home had still not lost its sheen on the team’s morale. The team piled on wave after wave of attack on Mumbai‘s goal, with the attack force of Friday, Sukore, and Boithang seemingly poised for goal with each attack.

Shillong Lajong then took the deserving lead when they were awarded a penalty in the 45th minute. The talismanic Johny Menyongar stepped up
    and made no mistake in converting from the spot. That seemed to wake up the Mumbaikars, who launched a counter attack and their efforts were rewarded, when they got the equalizer in the very next minute (45 +1) ,with ND Opara scoring for Mumbai FC.

The second half saw an evenly contested affair between the two teams, even as Shillong Lajong had more of possession and chances. The Reds came particularly close on two occasions, when they had a goal disallowed for offside and a near miss when the ball hit the upright, denying them of regaining the lead.

Bulpin then brought on two changes in the second half, with Eugeneson Lyngdoh coming on to replace Menyongar and Renedy Singh replacing Boithang Haokip. After what seemed to be an eternity, Shillong Lajong finally pocketed home all three points when, for what was another ”Friday” rescue operation, the former Mumbai FC striker scored off a free kick in the 90th minute, to put the game beyond doubt.

Shillong Lajong Coach Desmond Bulpin said that he was quite satisfied with the
    team’s overall performance,even though there were still areas to improve on, especially with the little time that the team has to prepare for the next game. With this win, Shillong Lajong are sitting pretty on top of Group A, with Dempo SC and Pailan Arrows eking out a 1-1 draw in the other Group A opener.
    They will now square off against Goan giants and last season I-League Champions Dempo SC, on the 21st October 2012.

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

i hope lajong,chruchill ,sporting and usfc come out of group stages to semifinals

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

but you have to remember that the winners represent India at AFC cup..so better have a winner like Prayag or Salgaocar since Dempo is already there

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

I know that why i want to see what other clubs can do