Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• PrakashKPrakashK ahmedabad388 Points
    Is football still a part of Asian games?  If yes.then what is qualification criteria of it?
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Asian games were already in 
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Asian Games is voluntary participation I think.
    munna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Yes Voluntary with u-23 and 3 overage players allowed. 29 countries participated last time in men's football
    Carbon_14
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Why is AIFF concentrating on a particular batch 
    Why not host U-17 WC again in 2021 etc 
  • RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
    Don't think it will be possible to host it again in 2021 & we should rather look to qualify on merit.
    ashindia
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Be it Asian cup or u20 World ,I just want brand new football only stadiums 
    debarghya89ashindiaAshkaul5archakdeepu
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    I hope even if we get these events, we are made to construct new stadiums not just refurbish an old cricket stadium
    ashindiaBrainFallINDIAshakkeerKM
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    http://xtratime.in/i-league-committee-declares-their-stand-on-the-increasing-number-of-foreigners/
    • The AIFF didn’t reach to any official decisions regarding the foreigners.
    • FSDL will take the final call on Champions Cup.
    • I-League and ISL will be held simultaneously for the 2017-18 season.
    • AIFF is thinking of starting a corporate league.
    • The Committee have approved the allocation of funds to I-League Clubs.

Internet Desk: The League Committee members met under the Chairmanship of Mr. Subrata Dutta at AIFF Headquarters, Football House, Dwarka, New Delhi on Wednesday (July 5, 2017). The Committee unanimously took the following decisions:

Relating to diverse views on number of foreign players to be playing in the League, the Committee decided the matter should be referred to the AIFF Executive Committee for a final decision as it falls under the purview of the AIFF Executive Committee.

“We are facing some problems regarding the foreigners issue and the League Sub committee doesn’t take decisions regarding this matter so we have refereed it to the AIFF Executive Committee and they will take the final call,” said AIFF vice-president Subrata Dutta.

The Committee also decided that the format and timing of the proposed Super Cup/Champions Cup be finalised after

reviewing the calendar of the SAFF Championships to be held in Bangladesh in 2018, and further discussions with FSDL.

On the other hand I-League and the Indian Super League will be held simultaneously for the 2017-18 season and would kick-off after the completion of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017.

The Committee also deliberated on the proposal from various PSUs of conducting an Institutional/Corporate League for the PSUs and Corporates, starting from 2017-18 season and unanimously agreed on the proposal to organise the league under the aegis of AIFF, subject to all expenses being borne by the participating teams.

A task force was formed to oversee operation, marketing and promotion of the I-League 2017-18. The task-force comprises of the Chairman of the League Committee, the Vice-Chairman of the League Committee, a member from FSDL and the AIFF General Secretary and the CEO, I-League, as ex officio members.

The Committee asked the AIFF General Secretary to discuss with Asian Football Confederation as to how they would like to operationalise the future road map for Club Football in India and empowered him to form the task force for the purpose, if required.

Meanwhile, it was confirmed by FSDL that the I-League would be broadcasted on Star Sports platform with much improved production quality.

The Committee also stated that the scheduling of the ISL and I-League matches needs to be discussed and finalised with Star Sports, FSDL and I-League department.

The Committee also approved the allocation of funds to I-League Clubs as follows:

• Travel subsidy: Rs. 50 lakhs per Club
    • Special subsidy: Rs. 20 lakhs per club
    • Central Marketing expenditure of Rs. 1 crore by AIFF, subject to the Clubs submitting their local marketing plan to the Federation before AIFF placing the Central Marketing expenditure to the AIFF Finance Committee.
    Carbon_14munna219777