Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Now it is confirmed that whatever has been said about Bhutia is true...otherwise he wouldn't have contemplated resignation. But he should resign first....he may change his mind to carry on doing what he has been doing off late (Dalali).
    gaffertapemunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Bhutia should realise that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Any kind of publicity is a good publicity. :p
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    am sure Bhutia has been visiting and reading IFN..Infact every Indian footballer does..look at the way Thapa stopped giving back passes after the first friendly :P
    goalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777Nagendraindian_gooner
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    We started Anti Bhutia revolution 
    Made him admit on Twitter he was once a part of football edge 

gaffertapegoalkeeparCarbon_14indian_gooner
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    I'm pretty sure we need to thank someone else in this forum for that...
    gaffertapemohammed_87hassangopiajeeshgoalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    Well, whom should I address my 'thanks' note, please, @archak?
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Bhutia joins Premier Futsal.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30178 Points
    https://thefield.scroll.in/843702/after-bhaichung-bhutia-seemingly-joins-premier-futsal-aiff-claim-to-have-talked-him-out-of-it

Former India football team skipper and All India Football Federation (AIFF) Advisor, Bhaichung Bhutia, on Thursday, was named Talent Director of the Premier Futsal. However, the Indian football body, which does not recognise the tournament, said that the celebrated striker has decided against associating himself with the event.

“Premier Futsal League has emerged as a category-defining offering in the Indian sporting landscape...It is a great honour for me to be a part of such a tournament,” Bhutia said in a statement which was part of the release sent by the organisers of the event on Tuesday afternoon.

“It is a matter of great pride and honour for us to have a personality of Bhaichung’s stature to be a part of Premier Futsal...We welcome Bhaichung to the Premier Futsal family and look forward to a successful association with him,” Managing Director of Premier Futsal Dinesh Raj said in a statement.

The AIFF, though, claim to have spoken with Bhutia and convinced him to not join the programme. “He is not joining,” AIFF general secretary Kushal Das told The Field. “The president and I have both spoken to him and have convinced him to not go through with it.”

“We told him he was an icon of Indian football and we want him to remain focused on Indian football,” he added.

Ha Ha! Knew all along when I posted the news of his supposedly resigning from the post of technical advisor of the AIFF that it might be a case of emotional blackmailing...remember how he was reinstated as AIFF advisor in April after being removed from the technical committee..the guy sure knows how to score, both on and off, the field. ;)

goalkeeparmunna219777Carbon_14Deb_Bankarenesudhakar2050