Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9320 Points
    The former English Premier League player, Michael Chopra is in Mumbai to pursue All India Football Federation (AIFF) D-licence coaching course at the Western India Football Federation (WIFA) Ground, Cooperage. The Kerala Blasters striker sets an aim to enhance the escalating talent in the country.

Chopra has recently kick started a sports agency Reach Football Management through which he plans to take young Indian footballers for trips to European countries so that they can train with the respective clubs and learn their style of play and groom themselves suitably.  

Talking about his future plans with football Michael asserts, “For now, I have the chance to play for another couple of years as I am 33. There is also an addition of new clubs to the ISL who have approached me and I am still thinking whether to keep playing or be a pundit or become a coach,” signs off the British-Indian with a smile.

http://www.asianage.com/sports/football/150717/michael-eyes-football-coaching-job.html

[Deleted User]Ronnymohammed_87hassankarenesudhakar2050goalkeepargaffertapearchakmunna219777indian_goonerspartaand 1 other.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30146 Points
    Presenting the greatest sponsorship scoop by Khaboronline: :) B)
    http://khaboronline.com/featured/not-only-reliance-and-ultratech-many-companies-want-to-sponsor-mohun-bagan-and-eastbengal/

As per reports, it is not only Reliance and Ultratech who are in in the running to sponsor the 'Big Two' of Kolkata....As has been reported, Reliance Jio is all set to sponsor Mohun Bagan in the I-League...but another secret source has revealed that MB are in talks with the Kumar Mangalam Birla Group also...but the Birla group are also in talks with Nitu Sarkar...so MB have somewhat backed off from this negotiation

Along with the Birla group, East Bengal are in talks with two Chinese mobile companies--Oppo and Gionee...a section of East Bengal officials have started a round of talks with Former BCCI President N Srinivasan's Century Cement...there has been a round of talks with the present owners of the UB Group, but it has been learnt that it would not be possible to form a 50 crore team with the amount of money they have decided to invest

Sourav Ganguly has assured both the Big Two to help them get sponsors...he might act as the mediators for Mohun Bagan's tie- up with the Ambuja Group and East Bengal's tie-up with the Siddha Group...however, the officials of the two clubs are a bit hesitant in taking Sourav's help as they know that his business interests are solely centred on ATK 

With sponsorship issues being the hottest topic in the Maidan nowadays, a Mohun Bagan official is seen going round with a smirk on his face...he has supposedly been seen hobnobbing with a high-level ONGC official

East Bengal have not let the cat out of the bag yet....they have reportedly been seen loitering around ITC Bhavan...ITC Chairman Deveshwar has supposedly agreed to be a co-sponsor
    Let us wait and watch...

Expecting at least ten lols for providing so much of entertainment :D :D
    7negimunna219777Ashkaul5ashindiaatuljgshubham_northeasternshakkeerKMmohammed_87hassanBrainFallINDIAindian_goonerand 6 others.
    Thank you, Negibhai
    Ashkaul5
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    A "Banquet" or say a "Buffet" of Corporates lined up for Sponsorship.
    Ashkaul5
    A 'buffet' of Corporates 'buffeting' each other to get a piece of the Holy Grail
    Ashkaul5karenesudhakar2050munna219777
    http://beta.goal.com/en-in/news/east-bengals-khalid-jamil-pained-by-stars-opting-for-indian/oltt7on51npp1txuwbsymtdqo

EAST BENGAL'S KHALID JAMIL PAINED BY STARS OPTING FOR INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE OVER I-LEAGUE

The coach of the Red and Golds has expressed his dissatisfaction over the worrying trend of top stars opting for the Indian Super League...

New East Bengal gaffer Khalid Jamil is not pleased by the fact that most players are preferring to play the Indian Super League (ISL) rather than the I-League in the upcoming season. 

With both competitions set to run parallel to each other, the players can only opt to play in one of the two leagues. With the increased following and fanfare the ISL enjoys, most of the star names have opted to play in the IMG-Reliance owned league, leaving I-League's star clubs to fight over scraps. 

Recently, East Bengal and Mohun Bagan were both in for striker Balwant Singh who decided to snub the offers and try his luck in the ISL while East Bengal winger Bikash Jairu has also signed up for the ISL draft to be held next Monday. 

The Kolkata clubs have already lost the services of Jeje Lalpekhlua, Prabir Das, Debjit Majumder, TP Rehenesh and the likes to the allure of ISL. 

Jamil, who led Aizawl FC to the I-League title last season, explained to The Telegraph, "It's not a good trend. Teams like East Bengal and Mohun Bagan are big clubs with rich legacy. Somehow we have to find a way where we can get the star players. Otherwise the fans will not come to watch East Bengal or Mohun Bagan play." 

"It's a challenging time for the I-League clubs," he added. 

Khalid Jamil Aizawl FC I-League Champions 2017

East Bengal will start their pre-season preparations on Monday and Jamil did reveal that he was relishing the challenge of leading the Red and Golds in the upcoming season while admitting there was a lot of pressure on him to deliver. 

"I am excited to be part of East Bengal and a bit nervous too. Yes, expectations are high but when I decided to take the East Bengal offer I knew that there will enormous pressure on me to deliver. I am ready to face that," he elaborated. 

The Kuwait-born coach went on to state that his first priority was to ensure that East Bengal retained the Calcutta Football League before turning his attention to the i-League crown. 

East Bengal have signed up almost 25 players so far, including Willis Plaza, William Carlyle (both Trinidad & Tobago) and Mahmoud Al Amna (Syria) as foreign recruits, but the 40-year-old said he might need more players or not, depending on what he sees in the first few weeks. 

"I had a meeting with the players on Sunday. The first week will be vital. And I will get all foreigners by July 27. As of now we will be practicing at the club ground. I was thinking about a residential camp in Kalyani. May be in the second week, when the foreign recruits also join," he said.

shubham_northeasternmunna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    Why he is 'pained'? Obviously it is for money. In fact, we are also 'pained' to see him signing in a club which advertises alcohol. He did it for money, didn't he? And then he expects others to stick to high moral grounds ...
    MikiAKBgoalkeeparDXdebarghya89shubham_northeasternsanvedjadhavmunna219777indian_goonerarchak
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    He will be fired after the usual derby loss to MB. 

Btw isn't it Kingfisher East Bengal?
    munna219777thebeautifulgame
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    Is there any substance in this news (as it is coming from Sportskeeda and anyone in India can make a crest with elephant in it, and without divulging any details of the promoters, too)?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/official-eastern-india-set-to-have-new-i-league-team

BrainFallINDIAAshkaul5mohammed_87hassanmunna219777
  • Ashkaul5Ashkaul5 Jammu849 Points
    They should float a team from Rachi . They have a beautiful stadium there birds Munda football stadium .
    munna219777